2000 QD32 driveline shudder on take off.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davojohnson

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what this could be. There's a shudder in either one of he uni's, the diff or something else that's shuddering on take off from a stand still or very slow moving speeds and sometimes even releasing the clutch from second gear change. Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers.

yeh, shudders are usually associated with the clutch not unis or diffs. might need to get flywheel machined

I had a similar thing last week, vibrations on take off and up to roughly 40kph. Got a bit worried it might be a clutch issue for a while then had a play underneath just after a drive and realised the front uni was HOT to touch. When I replaced it, I found a grease nipple had gone AWOL and the bearings had literally turned to dust!

Smooth as silk now :-D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414271748766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414271748766.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 92
I had a similar thing last week, vibrations on take off and up to roughly 40kph. Got a bit worried it might be a clutch issue for a while then had a play underneath just after a drive and realised the front uni was HOT to touch. When I replaced it, I found a grease nipple had gone AWOL and the bearings had literally turned to dust!

Smooth as silk now :-D

a non greasable uni will last longer than a greasable uni that doent get greased

a non greasable uni will last longer than a greasable uni that doent get greased

Agreed, and the nipple design on the toyo unis I had meant I couldn't possibly grease them without removing them. But that wouldn't have been an issue if the nipple hadn't disappeared entirely on me, leaving an open hole for all the grease to fly out of.

FYI, the repco brand unis come with an extended nipple that you can actually get a grease gun around.

What's a real surprise is the sudden onset of vibration. Took the kids to school Thursday morning, all good. Went to drive the wife to hospital 2hrs later and it was like driving a vibrator!

but back to the topic, i think hes having more of a shudder just on take off, not a vibration which would point more towards a clutch issue

Hope it's not the clutch because it's just had a new one put in it a couple of months back.

If thats the case then i would be taking it back to them.

When they replaced the clutch did the machine the flywheel?

Also how long has it been doing it, before they replaced the clutch ect? or straight after?

If thats the case then i would be taking it back to them.

When they replaced the clutch did the machine the flywheel?

Also how long has it been doing it, before they replaced the clutch ect? or straight after?

I'm not sure if they machined the flywheel or not and its only been doing it in the last week or so.

Pretty sure someone else had a similiar problem a few months back and it was the rear brake pads had broken their mounts and were grabbing or something like that.

Pretty sure someone else had a similiar problem a few months back and it was the rear brake pads had broken their mounts and were grabbing or something like that.

That wouldn't surprise me as the drums in the back are pretty shot even though they've been "apparently" machined to pass a road worthy. But they're so shot that I did a lift last night and I didn't even realise the handbrake was slightly on while I was driving until I looked at the dash. I'll have to get them looked at.

I had shagged engine mounts on my QD32 - the centre bearing got chewed out. Replaced the centre bearing, within months it was destroyed again. Replaced the engine + trans mounts and the centre bearing together to solve the problem.

Good pick up Happy John - I only bring up the centre bearing again because what OP describes is precisely what a shagged centre bearing does.

Would it have anything to do with being Rough and hard on the clutch? And I've found now that it doesn't seem to do it as much anymore and nothing has been done. Nothing's been changed or checked.

Latest posts

Back