Zd30 no power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbod22

Reaction score
My d22 navara has a rattle noise under acceleration from about 1500 to 2500 rpm..loss of power. Won't do 100 on the freeway and check engine light is on any ideas guys?? Coz I got none..cheers

Maybe air being sucked into fuel system? The check engine light indicates the ECU has logged a fault code. You need to get the code read- that will shed a lot of light on what the problem may be.

No worries. Might be worth just replacing the fuel filter if it hasn't been done for a while. That's a cheap place to start.

It's a long story but I have replaced almost everything except the bottom end of the engine on the car had nothing but trouble since I bought it

I think it's injector pump blowing white smoke now wen cold and engine has a miss kind of thing to it and there is a loud rattle coming from the pump I think

The rattle you describe still makes me think you could have large amounts of air in the fuel system. Enough air can trigger a code. I wouldn't be surprised if the fault code you have is 0707 (injector pump timing) I think that code also comes up as P7 on some scan tools for some reason.
Unfortunately, that same code can also mean new injector pump time (as happened with mine) but if you DO find it's that code it would be worth putting some clear hose in place of your black flexible fuel lines to check for air bubbles in the fuel.
Other than that, I can't really help much. There are other guys on here with a lot more knowledge than me, so maybe someone else will have a better idea.

One other thought: possible boost leak or turbo problem. Have you replaced the turbo too?

Thanks for the info guys sounds like bad ignition timing of I slowly rev the engine in neutral once it hits about 2k it starts stuttering and blowing White smoke and the more I rev it the worse it gets but if I drive it, no problems just down on power and ticking tapping type noise from about 1500 rpm till 2500 rpm after that the engine noise is to much to hear if it's still there

Might be way off, but I would try disconnecting the neutral position switch. There are a few threads on it. Also is your engine light still on & have you had the code read?

Last edited:
Havnt had time to get code read working 6 days a week before Christmas to get jobs done.. I will try neutral position switch if I can work out how lol

Latest posts

Back