Navara Diagnostic Port

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centaur

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Navara, ZD30 Dual Cab. My car will every now and then throw up a check engine light. I was advised to get a OBDII Bluetooth device and an app for my Android phone. After getting all of this, I find it doesnt work. :banghead: :banghead:

Now, I have been recently told that an EOBD port might work, or that it is a Nissan Consult port, requiring the use of a $300 odd scan tool to read the ECU. The port under my dash, looks like an OBDII port, the Bluetooth OBDII connector did fit, just would not connect to the ECU. :devil:

Can anybody tell me exactly what port it is before I waste too much more money.

I look forward to any help that you can provide.
:thrasher:

Yes, the ZD30 Navaras are one of the few vehicles which have an OBDII port but are not OBDII compliant.
You can get a USB to OBDII cable from here:
http://www.ecutalk.com/interface.aspx
and download the ECUTalk software for free. You can then read codes etc. with a windows device.

it has nissan consult system.

you don't need a scanner, i put up instructions a while back. just bridge the correct terminals and count the engine light flashes.

^ Tried it here in my driveway with a 2006 D22, still had the same issue - non-standard OBD port.

There are two different types of port. One is square with chamfered corners on one side - that's a Nissan Consult port - the other (OBD) is shaped like a trapezium (rectangular with one long side and its opposite is a bit shorter). The Consult port takes a cable like this and the OBD port looks like this. You can get a converter like this if you want.

ECUTalk also do the OBDII to usb cable (shown in the link I posted above).

Excerpt taken from the page:
"ECUTalk USB Cable with OBDII plug ($100 + post)

For the very few Nissan vehicles with a OBDII plug
that are NOT really OBDII, but still original Consult:
Patrol/Navara/Terrano with TB45E or non-CRD ZD30
R50 Pathfinder with VG33E. Any other, contact us.
Wont work on REAL OBDII cars!"

I have purchased the cable & installed the software, I just haven't gotten around to plugging it in to the car yet so I can't vouch for how well it works but I'm sure quite a few others on here with ZD30's are using ECUTalk.
And, as tweak'e said, you can also read the codes manually by bridging the terminals & counting the flashes.

ECUTALK for the ZD30. Monitors around 25 gauges and can read and clear fault codes, logs to excel too. Around $100 for the cable, software free and a bit of a head**** to install on windows.

Attachments

• Ecutalk datalog.jpg
    Ecutalk datalog.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 421

Latest posts

Back