Radiator top tank failure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maccad40

Reaction score
Hi fellow navies

I want everyone's opion on a couple of things that paul from yd25.com has been telling me

1. Radiator top tank failure with the top breaking out around the inlet barb due to age and wear.
Has anyone had or heard about this problem happening with the yd25's

2. heater oil hose line and fittings failing due to age and oil damage or something
any one had this happen ether.

cheers

I wouldn't argue with too much Paul has to say, he's pretty good with the Navara engine.

1. Radiator top tank is plastic, shouldn't ever balloon but can break near the inlet especially if roughly handled. Being plastic, it WILL age, it will age faster through heat, and once it starts becoming brittle, vibration will cause it to stress along joins (like where the thing is connected to the top tank) or along lines where there's tension in the plastic (so it could cause the top tank to crack). Two solutions: repair it (not likely to last) or replace it. Personally, I'm considering an aluminium "racing" tank for the improved cooling efficiency.

2) Not sure what this one is. Is it the heater matrix inside the cabin? That uses coolant, not oil (lines connect to the EGR cooler on the front of the engine, trace one back to the firewall) - there's no oil pumped into the cabin. If you're referring to the transmission cooler in the bottom of the radiator (only in automatic models) it's a good idea to have this disconnected and an external cooler fitted below the intercooler.

Latest posts

Back