D22 with QD32 horrible fuel economy. Need help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NutZak

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this forum but in need of help from other Navara owners (local mechanics have not been real helpful) I've had my Ute for about two years and its never been real flash on fuel but lately has boosted up to using 17-19l/100km depending on how I drive. Can only just get 300km from a tank driving cautiously and light on the acceleration. I rarely carry a costant load apart from my rods and dogs. Its a 1999 D22 ST Navara dual cab. Bullbar, snorkel, 31's running at 38psi, etc. Done 250,000kms.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Might be time for it to be retuned? That's pretty piss poor economy. Have you thought about turboing the old girl and a quality tune to match?

Got a quote for a turbo and full new exhaust to match. Was almost five grand plus the cost of tuning, spending that sort of cash on it wouldn't be worth it. Getting a new exhaust next week though as the old one is shagged. Do you know of any simple things that could be causing it?

Hmmm I can't be sure as I don't own a qd32 model but I do want to rebuild one in the future. Have you tried a simple injector cleaner? I use Fuel Doctor every tank and it keeps things in check.

Rusty

I gave it the diesel treatment today when I filled up as I hadn't done it for a long time will see how it goes this week on fuel. Ordered a new high flow air filter for it today also, local mechanic didn't have it in stock at my last service

I gave it the diesel treatment today when I filled up as I hadn't done it for a long time will see how it goes this week on fuel. Ordered a new high flow air filter for it today also, local mechanic didn't have it in stock at my last service

It's not a big town Kingston, but its nice and the jetty is a good spot to take the kids

Think I got the right one was clogged with grime, cleaned it out with a needle. Haven't had the chance to drive anywhere yet. Will get back onto it after I get the exhaust this week

Put it back in, saves the pump.

Alot of the crap in it would be fuel filter material.

5000 to turbo it what a joke
I have a t27 turbo engine you can buy the whole thing for 700 and it comes with every bit you need to turbo your qd32. All the manifolds bolt on and you still have an engine to sell after you pull all the parts off.

I have done this a few times to qd32,s it really helps them get along.
Not sure how the blocked banjo filter would make it use more fuel it would more likely just drop the amount of fuel going into the injectors. You can't burn what's not there.

Also looking at getting the injectors cleaned they are supposed to swivel the nozzles on the injectors each time they fire if they are old and need reconditioning they don't do this
0431-378-556 is my number if you want a turbo engine or just a turbo and manifold

engine

5000 to turbo it what a joke
I have a t27 turbo engine you can buy the whole thing for 700 and it comes with every bit you need to turbo your qd32. All the manifolds bolt on and you still have an engine to sell after you pull all the parts off.

I have done this a few times to qd32,s it really helps them get along.
Not sure how the blocked banjo filter would make it use more fuel it would more likely just drop the amount of fuel going into the injectors. You can't burn what's not there.

Also looking at getting the injectors cleaned they are supposed to swivel the nozzles on the injectors each time they fire if they are old and need reconditioning they don't do this
0431-378-556 is my number if you want a turbo engine or just a turbo and manifold

dont suppose you still have it?

No I sold it,
but I do have an exhaust manifold as well as turbo and dump pipe for your qd32.
Its a high flow t2 flange turbo. I had it on my td27 and it made it scream.
Im happy to sell that if you are interested

Latest posts

Back