Used D-22 - opinions?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, was that oil or black tar. never seen oil in that state before, the service must never of happened . yes i allways do a 5 k oil and oil filter change plus a 10k fuel filter change, with 2 x d-22 navaras i am allways doing this service. plus use genuine filters .

We all know you can get that motor going well easily but Tweak is right. I'd hate to tow 2.8tonne with it though. My main concern is the oil capacity 4.3l as opposed to the D40's 6.3l. It's not enough and I insist on 5k oil changes.
The oil capacity of the d22 concerns me too. Considering the xr5 turbo focus we have is only a 2.5lt as well and takes 6.5lt of oil... Different motor, sure, but a 5cyl turbo petrol in a lighter vehicle I wouldn't expect to take over 2lt more oil...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4.3 litres of engine oil is quite sufficent as long as you keep check on the level plus change it regulary. if people are concerned about the engine oil temps, you can allways fit an oil cooler without much drama .

Last edited:
Yes every 5k is a must, I'd like a bit more capacity but so be it, one could probably fit a D40 sump if they were overly fussy, I'm not. That tar in the link I put up I suspect was more than just big km's something must of caused it besides big km's. Anyone got an Idea?.

Yes every 5k is a must, I'd like a bit more capacity but so be it, one could probably fit a D40 sump if they were overly fussy, I'm not. That tar in the link I put up I suspect was more than just big km's something must of caused it besides big km's. Anyone got an Idea?.
i wonder if something like gearbox oil was used in this engine.

4.3 litres of engine oil is quite sufficent as long as you keep check on the level plus change it regulary. if people are concerned about the engine oil temps, you can allways fit an oil cooler without much drama .

For the most part, the capacity isn't bad. The issue I can see is towing a lot of weight, especially in summer... Even with an extra oil cooler there still isn't a lot of capacity of oil to physically keep cool... Then again, I guess they're not really designed for a lot of heavy duty work or long distance travel...

no the z-30 is a pig of an engine. a mate had this model navara and had so much trouble with it he got rid of the rig and bought a decent later model 2012 d-22 / 2.5 cr. he has now done over 120k since he bought it and the only issue has been a new battery and new front brakes. apparently the engine when he bought it the owner had a dual timing chain kit fitted just to play it safe. go the 2.5 litre cr .

How dare you insult the ZD30 by calling it a pig! better than the puss bucket 2.5 French piece of crap.

2.5 is a Renault engine.
no the renault engines are the V6 and the 4 cylinder petrol, not the later model 2.5 cr deisel.
even if these are french made, so what they do make good engines and vehicles, wouldn,t mind a racing renault engine in my d-22.

gee lets all go out and buy the zd-30 engines to put in our later model d-22 2.5 cr navs. whos abouttogobush ? are you with me to mate ?

Latest posts

Back