D40 Navara what lift kit & tyres?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraz

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Nissan D40 and need to know the best option for lift kits and tyres? I'm looking to raise the vehicle around 2 inches. I have 275/70 R16 and wondering what brand and size tyre you can put on these. Cheers

My mate has a set of Cooper ATR 165/70/16 fitted to his D40, they were swapped off his ST-R that he traded.

We have ARB lift and it works well. They only quote 35-40mm but the actual lift seems more like 50mm. The front end is less vague and general ride comfort seems improved.
275/70 R16 - Are you talking tyres or wheels?
D40 comes standard with Continental 255/70/R16's

Fraz
I am running a TJM 2" lift with heavy springs up front to allow for the bar work and winch and Intermediate on the rear. Have also fitted Steel rims, alloy were too easily damaged when removing tyres for repair, fitted with Cooper STT's 265/75 which also help with ground clearance. I have found these to be a good tire and wearing well so far. Originally I was running Cooper ATR 265/70 they were good on the road but are only light construction and staked easily. If you go an ATR make sure they are the Light Truck series.
Chris

3 inch lift adjustable coilovers with new UCAs and 285/75/16 (33") MICKEY THOMPSON MTZ

Anyone got any photos of theirs done, i'm in the market at the moment for a kit, so far i'm leaning towards ARB's old man emu kit, $1700 fitted

My suspension has just arrived finally

front end by Radflo and Eibach

productimage-picture-radflo_2_0_oem_replacement_frontier_coilovers-3986_t366.jpg

Rear from Bilstein

productimage-picture-bilstein_rear_5125_series_frontier_rear_shocks-3989_t366.jpg

Rear is already done and factory shocks were stuffed and leaking
Front this weekend

i have 265/75/16 BFG TA's and i find that the 75 serries actually fix the speedo error makeing it correct now. getting an old man emu 2" lift next week.

I have both 265/75/R16 and 265/70/R17 and both bring it damm close. Not perfect according to GPS but close enough.
I have a scangauge on the dash and it shows corrected speed ..
Just be aware when you lift it that the new laws that are eventually going to effect everyone in Oz will limit lift to 50mm unless you get an engineers report

I have seen 5" D40 lift kits on the Snake Racing Australia website. As for the tires, depends on what sort of job you would be doin on them, sand, mud, or highway. ATs seem to be the go. Maybe some Cooper ATRs?

Snake Racing

That will be a Calmini kit from the US I would guess and that will definately require an engineers report to be street legal

I'm looking at getting my suspension done atm too, I was just wondering what are the implications with your warranty? Does a 2 inch lift void your vehicle warranty? Or just any warranty to do with your suspension?

I lifted mine and now am trying to drop it back down again. My Navara has no Camber adjustment so the camber goes way into the pos when I lift it. Still looking at different ways of fixing this .

Hi guys my firt post here so good to see so many people with the Navara.

Im keen to here from people that went the US option of the PRG setup of radflo coilovers with the replacement UCA and bilstein rear shocks.
Aussie Frontier if you got your setup from PRG then get there camber kit to fit the Nav/Frontie this might help.

Latest posts

Back