Number showing on dash before oil good

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benengel

Reaction score
I have only noticed this recently.
On start up when the dash goes through its oil good talk through thing.
It has started to show random numbers which have nothING to do with the kms that I can tell.
They seem to be negative numbers
E.g. -21, -145 and ia now at -412 so oils be something to do with kms but I cant see any correlation

Cheers team

Haha. It's your service reminder. When you first turn the ignition to on, before oil good goes away, if you hold the tripmeter reset button down you can change the service reminder interval in increments of 1000km, up to 60000 from memory. Once you get to the max number it starts again from 1000 each time you press it (I think you press it, if that doesn't work try rotating the button like setting the clock time). To store a value, just leave it and it will time out and store that value. When you turn the key on it will count down from that number until 0 when the service is due.

It is just to remind you when a service is due. Negative numbers like you have mean it's overdue lol. As long as you service it on time it won't harm anything.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Hey Cheers for the that, once I had a proper look an actually saw the spanner I felt like an idiot asking.
Never knew the navara actually had a service reminder or I could change it for that matter.
Will start using that now.
Cheers for the info bods

Latest posts

Back