Power Window Time-Out w/ Turbo Timer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackScorpion

Reaction score
Hi guys + gals,

Fairly new to this forum, I purchased an '07 D40 ST-X Turbo Diesel as a (much larger) upgrade from a Commodore few months back, and loving it so far!

There is one minor thing that bugs me though...in the Commodore I could turn the car off, remove the key, and still be able to operate my power windows for 30 seconds or so. Of course in the Navvy, I am unable to do that - accessories go off, so do the windows. I am constantly finding myself turning everything back on again just to close my windows!

I am an Apprentice Electrician, and after a bit of R&D looking for a work-around or a Timer/Relay circuit I could make up, the best possible solution I have come up with so far is a Turbo Timer.

Not knowing a great deal about them, I did a little research on them, and so far I have received mixed messages;
Some say accessories are 'powered-down' with the timer running, also I have read that I will be unable to lock the Nav with the timer running.
So I feel I am currently facing a bit of a catch-22.

Just wondering if any of you guys can give me a little more info, or in the case I have gone completely down the wrong track, share your workaround to solve this 'semi-annoying-but-not-a-major-issue' problem!

I apologise if this post/something similar has been covered before, but I did spend a bit of time searching the forum to no avail.

Thanks in advance! :)

It's true that the remote on your key won't lock the car while a turbo timer is operating, but there's a way around it (it's not a fix). Move the central locking button from the centre console to near the side mirror controls. Hop out of your car, taking the key, punch the LOCK button then 'auto up' the window. All tasks complete.

As far as I'm aware, window winders are controlled through the BCM. Even though the BCM is still active with the ignition off (because the BCM is also responsible for your key remote), this particular function isn't available.

It might not be as ingrained as the door locks though - you might be able to build a circuit that:

* latches power when ACC-ON to a source that is always on
* initiates a timer when IGN-OFF
* operates a relay that emulates the door's window switch
* shuts down when the timer expires

That will make it work just like your Commodore.

Jaycar sell a timer relay that you can build yourself. I used one of them in an au falcon that I put power windows into, set it on a 30 second delay so after turning the key off power is still supplied until thr relay times out

I was thinking (with the relay emulating the switch) that as you turned off the car, it would wind the windows up automatically.

Come to think of it, that's not a great idea. What if you wanted to leave a small gap at the top to allow heat out? The gap isn't allowed to be bigger than 5cm or your car is considered to be unlocked (I think it's the WA police who are being anal about this at the moment) but some people like to do that because it does help keep cabin temps down in summer.

Jaycar sell a timer relay that you can build yourself. I used one of them in an au falcon that I put power windows into, set it on a 30 second delay so after turning the key off power is still supplied until thr relay times out

Thanks mate, will have to check them out during the week.

If you always put your windows up when you get out of t vehicle you might want to try an aftermarket power window winder, like the alarm companies use. You should be able to intergrate it into the car via the door locks and the remote .

Does anyone know the signal wite from the bcm to connect to the signsl wire to these auto window up moduals.
I have fitted ones before but new to the D40 06 so was wondering if anyone could save me the time of testing everywire?

I'm not sure what you're asking for. The BCM controls the auto up function, if it's not working just hold the 'UP' button for a 10-count after the window has reached the top and then press it down for a 10-count after it's back at the bottom. It then should automatically go up or down.

Electrically, power to the window control unit comes from pin 58 of the BCM, with ignition-on power from pin 53.

The 'UP' switch in the module is connected to the green wire and the 'DOWN' is connected to the blue wire. The white wire provides power for illumination and the passenger switches.

Hope that's what you're after.

Not the window wires sorry.
The central locking wires.
It needs to be activated with the central locking.
So when you get out.
You press the lock button and the new spliced in eindow module box gets the signal to work

Then it has a 30 second timer built in because it also needs a constant 12v source to wind each window up individually once the car is locked.
So
Central locking wire

Right, I think I know what you're doing. The BCM doesn't have a separate output when the key fob triggers the locking sequence, but there's a way around it.

The driver's door actuator is locked when pin 34 of the BCM changes state (which is also connected to the inner "Lock" switch). Pick the output of pin 34 to trigger your circuit. Looks like it's a positive feed, so if you need a negative switch you'll have to introduce a relay with pin 85 of relay to pin 34 of BCM, pin 86 of relay to ground, pin 30 of relay to ground, pin 87 of relay to your module.

Latest posts

Back