Low oil pressure while idling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z24troy

Reaction score
If I'm sitting there just idling, the oil light on the dash comes on. As soon as I touch the accelerator, it goes away.

What could this be?

either (a) you're using TOO THIN an oil or (b) you're oil pump is knackered..

Or it could just be a faulty Oil Pressure Sensor...

So.. What oil are you running - and when did this start?

I haven't changed the oil since I've had it, because it was freshly changed when I got it, GTX2, and hasn't travelled much since.

The problem has only just popped up today as far as I've noticed, but I've been pretty preoccupied with the billion other problems this POS has.

It normally idles at 1100, but today it was dropping to about 700. Oil light was coming on from 1k and under.

Drop the oil or check your oil filter for signs of any metal shavings..

Low oil pressure is NEVER good, and destroys engines..

I sympathise with you.. Been there with POS problems, and it just gets soul destroying..

Yeah it really does. Got a list of roadworthy items, did all the work and took it back to be checked off and RWC to be issued. Left the mechanic with a second list, bigger than the first.

Might be buying another D21 for a couple hundred off a mate with considerably better running gear but a ratshit body, so if it's no good, I'll just do an engine swap.

z24 troy

Or a Body swap! might be a cheaper thought!
But as another thought, Fit an Oil pressure gauge which is more accurate then any light and thicken your oil as well as change your Ladies Filter you just might get lucky!

Highway Man!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back