Auto Transmission No Dipstick

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nisap

Reaction score
Ok, I have read various threads advising that there is an auto fluid dipstick with a black cap, secured by a bolt, behind the engine oil dipstick, down low, near the fire wall etc etc, however after much checking I am unable to locate it on my Navara, found one thread from the states talking about a 2013 Pathfinder that does not have it as its a sealed system. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

My Rig - Spain Built, 2011 STX, YD25 140kW, 5 speed auto.

The newer auto boxes are indeed a sealed "oil in for life" unit. You measure the amount of oil by hoisting the car, getting the transmission fluid to 40C and removing the drain plug underneath it. If any oil flows out, it's over full. If oil doesn't, add small amounts until it starts to flow out.

Probably saved Nissan $2.75 on materials and $3.50 on labour to add a dipstick. After dealer and import charges, it would have added another $15,000 to the price of your car. Be thankful it's not there!

Thanks Old.Tony, Had me stumped as nothing I had read diffinativley said that. I had just changed my universal joints this week and a small amount of cherry fluid came out when the yoke came out of the box, had been looking for the dipstick all week. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back