I want a patrol!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you want a wagon or a ute? I have been out with a guy in a GU 4.2 Ute that he had tipped about $15k into but it went like a cut cat. It had about 220 rear wheel KW.

I love the look of the wagon.
But the ute would be a lot more convienient (surfboards, wetties, pushies)
I guess ill choose when i get to that hurdle though!

the common rail 3ltrs are better than the early DI 3ltr patrol, just donr run dirty fuel through them as they kill fuel pump easy, the early ones had alot of problems with over boosting and without a boost guage to tell they could be pump out as much as 26psi!!

plus we have more space in out utes with a canopy than a patrol.

bryan

Mine is the 3l common rail, it's no powerhouse, especially after the d40. The 4.2's have more bottom end grunt but the 3l will leave them for dead around town. I tow a boat that's a bit under 2 tonne. It tows it better than the d40 did.

All this talk of the magical TD42, the most overated engine of all time.

The 62 Series Landcruiser 12HT was more advanced then the shitty TD42.

Direct injection for starters and didn't have a tendency to overheat like the TD42's are prone for.

Throw 15 grand at a ZD30 and see how it goes, will probably still leave a TD42 with 15 grand spent on it for dead.

You will hear bullshit stories of TD42's doing 1 million km's.

Never seen any proof though, its all just claims.

My choice would be the TB48DE.

Ill rather put 15 grand into a Duramax install then a TD42 that will always be shit on fuel and still overheat on long hills.

The ZD30Di with a few mods will go the distance, takes the turbo control away from the ECU and half your worries are fixed.

Latest posts

Back