D22 Tunit Chip Install - ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've only just joined the Navara forum as I was hoping to find out about diesel chips (mainly for the d22 ZD30). There appear to be a heap of threads all talking about the different brands and which one is the most reputable etc.

Apparently the DP Chip, Tunit and Roo Systems are all exactly the same chip just with different badges....who knows how accurate this is but either way I decided to purchase the Tunit chip as the store down the road was selling them.

I am yet to get the chip installed and intend to get it all wired in this weekend. For those that did want to know, I plan on putting a step-by-step guide with pictures together that explains how I did each step along the way. Just thought it could be useful for anyone else struggling to make sense of the wiring diagram or just considering whether or not its worth getting one.

I also have a trip from Perth to Shark Bay in a couple of weeks so it will be a good time to test the difference in fuel consumption and power etc.

Thanks guys,
Andrew

Welcome. I've had a Tunit in for a couple of years and other than the time the wire to the TPS shorted haven't had any problems with it.

Hey Rumpig cheers for that.

I friend helped me with the install and we ended up wiring two inline fuses with the unit. One from the unit to the positive on the battery and then one from the fuel injector pump signal to the Tunit chip. I guess these were both pumping out 12-13V so makes sense.

I initially thought the unit was faulty as I couldn't get the red light to come on when stepping on the accelerator pedal. The guys at Perth 4x4 were very helpful and we had it sorted in less than an hour.....actually no issues with the install at all as the throttle just needed a good pump for the chip to light up.

I just got back from Shark Bay, W.A and after 2200km it's hard to say exactly how good the chip was. I ended up using around 13L/100km and that was towing a tinny loaded with a heap of gear and a massive roof basket with stuff too. Usually the ute by itself would consume about 10L/100km on the highway so I'll have to compare apples with apples and keep testing to really measure the effectiveness properly.

I will upload photos from the install within the next couple of days for those of you that were interested in seeing how it is done with the Tunit chip. I'll also post any info about how the chip fares around town with fuel efficiency and power etc.

Let me know if you had any questions.

Cheers!

Pictures from Tunit chip install

All,

Sorry for the delay in getting these pictures posted. I realised I hadn't taken any snaps of where I ran the cable through the firewall from the Tunit chip to the ECU. This is pretty self explanatory though... Besides that the other pictures should spell out pretty clearly how to rig the rest of the chip up.

Let me know if anything isn't clear.

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• ECU Cover On.jpg
    ECU Cover On.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,504
  • ECU Cover Off.jpg
    ECU Cover Off.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 2,084
  • Fuel Injector Pump Location.jpg
    Fuel Injector Pump Location.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,300
  • Fuel Injector After.jpg
    Fuel Injector After.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 903
  • Fuel Injector Pump After.jpg
    Fuel Injector Pump After.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,671
Bit of a thread dig, i was just wondering if you still have the wiri g diagram for the tunit chip? I have just purchased a second hand tunit chip and the seller didnt have any instructions. By your pics i can see where one of the wires goes (pin23) but it doesnt say which of the wires off the chip goes to it. In fact i have no idea where any of the wires from the chip go, so any help you could provide would be much appreciated!

I didn't wire to the ecu, I went to the pedal ( pin 23 TPS?)

Attachments

• IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 2,502
  • IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 957
Mate you are a legend, That is exactly what im looking for. Last week i done the EGR valve and butterfly mod on the girlfriends nav (we do a lot of dune work) and it made a huge difference. So I spent the last 2 days fabbing up a 3" turbo back exhaust for it, And bought a second hand TUNIT chip for $200. Hoping I get similar power gain again as i did with the EGR mod. Thanks again for your help, Appreciate it.

Just a quick recap, i wired up the chip as per instructions and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! The exhaust alone i feel netted a bit more top end pull but remained the same in mid to low range, A bit underwhelming considering how much mucking around it took making it. However upon installing the chip it all came together. With the chip set half way the old nav hauls ass all the way to 4500rpm, a vast improvement over stock. Hit some dunes yesterday and it was basically a 3rd gear low range affair, where as before the mods it would be running out of puff even in second. So thanks again for the help mate, Couldnt be happier.

I'd recommend an exhaust temp gauge for anyone that fits a chip. With good performance comes an increase in temps.

Hey guys new on here and I seen this thread im in need of a hand I picked up this tunit chip for my d22 zd30 I have attempted wiring it up but I'm in need of what colour wire goes where out of my unit. Any help would be awsome
received_1261832750937702.jpeg
received_4715944788434279.jpeg

Latest posts

Back