Anyone tried this?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&title=The-5-Cent-Modification&A=112726

I am assuming it is the basic premise for most chips people buy, seems like a hella of a lot cheaper option than the fortunes people spend on that shit. Especially for people with DI ZD30 nav which, (from what I am lead to believe) uses chips and all they do is increase the fuel pressure at the fuel pump, plus they have a input from the TPS to sense when more fuel is needed?.

Not sure if it would work on zd30 I thought they are mechanical injection? I'm about to try on my yd25. Pretty sure your on the money in that most rail pressure chips are just a resistor dropping the response back to ecu. I want to get my hands on a no limits style chip so I can reverse engineer.

It would work but wouldn't make much difference. Nothing like what chips do, it just fools the ECU into thinking the temp is lower than what it is, cooler air is denser air so more fuel gets added but it wouldn't be much.

on a diesel it won't change the fueling at all.
all it will do is change the injection timing a bit.

Yeah right I skimmed the article thought it was increasing rail pressure. Sorry.

Works on C15 Cat engines. I use to make up fuel, coolant and boost wires all the time.

If anyone has a C15 I do have a fuel wire floating around if anyone wants it.

Latest posts

Back