Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 General Chat

Top glove box on series 5?
Old 30-10-2018, 01:07 PM

Default Top glove box on series 5?

Hi all,

I read the old thread asking if it was possible to put a top (as in a 2nd) glove box into a D22 & came away quite confused.

So here's the question; my series 5 & the series 5 that I had before this one both have a glove box at knee level on the passenger's side. Above that, there is a fascia & above that an air bag.

I've had a bit of a feel around under the fascia, through the actual glove box underneath it & to me, it feels like there is a glove compartment there, but that the front has been blanked off?

I'm quite happy to just have a shelf, without a front on it, if that's what's there. Has anyone taken the fascia off & had a look?
Sponsored Links

Old 30-10-2018, 08:05 PM

Pretty sure what you are feeling there is the airbag module, not the upper glove box.

2011 D22 2.5Cr. Fuel cap holder, bonnet scoop protection, Bonnet protector, Tint, Snorkel, tub liner, Tow bar, Bash plates, Sliders, Sus lift, DVD headrests, Idler Arm Brace, P Bull bar, Winch, Canopy, Dynapro ATM's, Alarm, Slim weather shields, EGR mod, +120's, 9' LED's, LED parkers, Seat covers, Variable intermittent wiper stalk, Dash mat, DVR mirror with reverse camera.

Old 30-10-2018, 10:44 PM

Ah, thanks for that Tony. Best I leave it alone.

Old 30-10-2018, 11:53 PM

Looks like you get either the passenger airbag, or an extra glove compartment. Mine has a second glove compartment where the airbag goes.

Old 31-10-2018, 12:36 AM

ps.not sure what a series 5 is lol, but on my old '06 model it has no passenger airbag, instead it has a glovebox.

Old 31-10-2018, 08:31 AM

A series 5 is the last of the D22's sold in Aust.

They have both, a passenger air bag & an empty compartment below it, which looks like it should be a 2nd glove box.

It's a great Ute by the way! Every time I think of trading it in, I look at what I'd get for my money & quickly decide to keep it.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:43 AM

Yeah, the d22 are a solid ute. A bit under rated by many I think. Mine has had a thrashing and it doesn't seem to bother it lol.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:39 PM

What I like is that I just point it & it goes where it's pointed, without any dramas. I've driven them along the Gibb River Road, the Oodnadatta/Strz/Birdsville tracks, Mt. Dare, Dalhousie, Chambers Pillar, Old Ghan track, Mereenie Loop, old Jim Jim Rd, Savannah Way, Arkaroola, Cameron Cnr, Warri gate, Hungerford, Betoota......... they lap it up!

I think their simplicity is their strong point.