The D.I.Y. ZD30 remap thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0703 Code Rumpig, have a listen to this story.

Hi Rumpig,
After much searching online regarding my Navara rebuilt zd30 with reconditioned injector pump throwing 0703 IP communication error and also 3 months at the mechanic who rebuilt the engine as well as replaced the fuel pump with no conclusion in sight, I have come to you Obi Wan Rumpig, you my only hope.....
Long story short, engine has been completely rebuilt, fuel pump has been exchanged for a reconditioned one, the car has done less than 45000 km since this work was done but over 3 years since the fuel pump exchange. Took back to mechanic late last year after engine light started to flash. 0703 code. Mechanic removed IP and sent back to Pump people who retested the pump twice, both times passing the test. As a precautionary measure, pump people replaced electronic module on top of IP. This fixed the problem for two weeks, then again engine light flashing but this time engine would seem to be starved of fuel whilst accelerating but not all the time. (Engine starts, idles, runs fine except this starving of fuel whilst accelerating, no limp mode) The code, and only code that comes up using the mechanics diagnostic machine is 0703 injector pump communication. The mechanic has looked at air getting into lines, plugs, relays etc, to no avail. Because this is a return job on something that already has been fixed and the fact that the pump is out of warranty time wise but not klm wise, the mechanic did not charge me to remove and replace IP the last time it was worked on.
Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Not sure if it will help, but has the mechanic checked the wiring loom from the ecu to the pump? It is possible there is a bad connection somewhere or even a damaged wire. It could also be a bad earth, which would make diagnosis very difficult.

If you have a wiring diagram, I'd be going through that to find out where the connectors and what colour the wiring is from the ecu to the pump and check it yourself if you feel confident enough to be able to check it out.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Hi Rumpig,
After much searching online regarding my Navara rebuilt zd30 with reconditioned injector pump throwing 0703 IP communication error and also 3 months at the mechanic who rebuilt the engine as well as replaced the fuel pump with no conclusion in sight, I have come to you Obi Wan Rumpig, you my only hope.....
Long story short, engine has been completely rebuilt, fuel pump has been exchanged for a reconditioned one, the car has done less than 45000 km since this work was done but over 3 years since the fuel pump exchange. Took back to mechanic late last year after engine light started to flash. 0703 code. Mechanic removed IP and sent back to Pump people who retested the pump twice, both times passing the test. As a precautionary measure, pump people replaced electronic module on top of IP. This fixed the problem for two weeks, then again engine light flashing but this time engine would seem to be starved of fuel whilst accelerating but not all the time. (Engine starts, idles, runs fine except this starving of fuel whilst accelerating, no limp mode) The code, and only code that comes up using the mechanics diagnostic machine is 0703 injector pump communication. The mechanic has looked at air getting into lines, plugs, relays etc, to no avail. Because this is a return job on something that already has been fixed and the fact that the pump is out of warranty time wise but not klm wise, the mechanic did not charge me to remove and replace IP the last time it was worked on.
Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

It seems they've covered everything that would be causing this and i can only concur with Bods on it being a wiring fault somewhere between the ecu and fuel pump.
Do you have ecutalk ? Can they get readings for the spill valve and I/cv%.
Try driving it with the fuel cap loose to rule out vacuum in the fuel tank.

Hey Rumpig sorry to bump an old thread, Any chance of sharing your mappack and all the different standard bins. Hope everyone is well, this thread is awesome! thanks for the detail

Latest posts

Back