d22 Exhaust upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solja

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just spoke with my local exhaust shop and out of his suppliers he didn't have anyone that had a FULL system for the d22 nor a 3" system. Was looking for extractors to tip with probably 2 3/4 piping or 3" he could only supply 2 1/2" piping no extractors. Anyone had success with something like this? another question i got is should i go the straight through, it wouldn't be too loud would it - to draw attention the turbo will chop the noise up?

extractors? you have a turbo motor don't you ???

2.5" tube is fine. in fact its proberly better as the 3" can hit the chassi when the motor rocks.
muffler wise, i prefer an almost straight through muffler. they tend to sound better rather than be quieter.

if you want to go full exhaust you will need to get a dump/down pipe and hiflow cat.

ok this might sound like a silly question. never owned a diesel turbo, is there any particular reason the extractors aren't done/made??

i actually had seen the system on ebay, quite a big ebay user lol. so really people would suggest a new dump pipe and on? how did you go with rectifying the issues with the knocking on the 3" from ebay

Last edited:
I guess there is no reason why you couldn't do extractors before the turbo except for the cost, it would be a complete custom job, and none too easy, I'm guessing the performance gain vs. cost is just too little which is why no one has ever bothered to try it.

Dump pipe back is the go for maximum bang for your buck, as for rectifying the issues with the system I bought, it's pretty good now, very rarely rubs, never during day to day driving, only when giving it a boot full in 1st or 2nd gear in low range up a steep hill, and then it only does it for a second or two and then stops. The fix was to belt up the heat shield under the floor pan where better clearance was needed, and to also cut out the flex joint and move it back past the rear cross member and weld it back together.

extractors on a turbo motor are not really extractors, they do little tunning to extract the exhaust. its just an exhaust manifold.
people usually only make high flowing ones when they are pushin big power out of the motor and when they are useing a different turbo that won't fit the stock manifold.

on a stock or lightly modded motor a new manifold is very expencive for minimal gains.

Solja,

I have booked my '04 model for a 2.75" mandrel bend exhaust with dump pipe and high flow cat for $1300 here in Dandenong, Victoria. Not a bad price considering lots of other prices were around the $1500 - $1600 mark.

They are putting a chip in it at the same time, there goes my Kevin '07 money.

cheers,

Lance

Latest posts

Back