Aftermarket Control Arms (Need Help)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderss

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm really looking into lifting my D22 Navara now that I have a decent income and I have been looking at the "Calmini 3" Lift" but due to the dollar looking like its going to drop I'm trying to sus put some other potential brands that are good quality and don't cost an arm and a leg.
Has anyone installed a CallOffRoad lift kit (including control arms)? Or has anyone installed aftermarket control arms at all? Is it worth it? Does it correct the camber of the tyres and increase the life of tyre (without wearing the outside edge when turning)?

I will appreciate any feedback or experience people have had with changing control arms in general! And sorry for the amount of questions, I just can't seem to find any real info on it.
Cheers guys, Anders

There's been a few people raise the front 2-3 " but they ended up breaking CV joints as the angle becomes to severe and they bind. Biggest down side to independent front ends.

Have a look at performance suspension UCA's they have a dial out droop feature and are a good price

Last edited:
There's been a few people raise the front 2-3 " but they ended up breaking CV joints as the angle becomes to severe and they bind. Biggest down side to independent front ends.

Would a diff drop prevent this? Or just drop the chances of it happening?

Have a look at performance suspension UCA's they have a dial out droop feature and are a good price

I've looked up "Performance Suspension" and it comes up with a place on the Gold Coast but I can't find UCA's for a Navara D22 unfortunately. You wouldn't have a link to them would you? Very interested in looking at these

Do you have facebook? If you do have a look at there facebook page. Or give them a call and ask about them. Heres a few pics

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-17-06-19-11-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-17-06-19-11-1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_2016-06-17-06-18-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-17-06-18-32.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 144
Do you have facebook? If you do have a look at there facebook page. Or give them a call and ask about them. Heres a few pics

I do have Facebook and I'll definitely have a look! Cheers for that mate

Finally got into my local 4WD shop this afternoon and had a chat to them about installing aftermarket control arms and they said its illegal? I didn't know this... And they also recommended only lifting it 2" because of the angle of the CV's (understandably so as well) but were unable to give me any info about diff drops and said that they could potentially be illegal as well... What isn't illegal!?

Just about anything is illegal without engineers certification and even then i think it can still be denied by your states traffic authority?

Thanks guys! I myself have looked at the superior engineering and tossed up whether it was worth paying the price... But after a trip to the local 4WD shop I've decided not to do the whole UCA kit, I can't afford engineering certificates! Haha but I am still interested in creating more downward travel so thank you very much for the info guys! Greatly appreciated!

Just a few questions on the UCA's from Superior Engineering, how high can you go when you have them installed? How much downward travel are you getting now? And were they hard to install? Thanks again!

Anders.

I'm running 40mm lifted rear springs with 1" extended shackles and have the front wound up to almost level and there is still bump stop clearance.
Haven't sussed out downward travel mate I'm sorry.
I had a mate fit these for me at Pedders, he said it was a pretty straight forward no dramas install.

Again, these are advertised as being street legal under the NCOP V3, so you won't need to worry about engineers.

Cheers.

Anders.

I'm running 40mm lifted rear springs with 1" extended shackles and have the front wound up to almost level and there is still bump stop clearance.
Haven't sussed out downward travel mate I'm sorry.
I had a mate fit these for me at Pedders, he said it was a pretty straight forward no dramas install.

Again, these are advertised as being street legal under the NCOP V3, so you won't need to worry about engineers.

Cheers.

What kind of angle do your CV's sit on?
That's no worries, I'm just asking for interest sake haha
Oh okay, too easy! I'll be installing mine by myself to gain some experience.

That's a definite bonus! And will play a big roll in making to decision to buy. Again thanks heaps mate for all the info! Really appreciate it!

I have the Calmini's on mine--4yrs and no probs--fitted them myself..simple as

Bought them in California on a trip

hey mate i have a 2000 model d22 as well and instead of upper control arms i was thinking of using the extended uca ball joints from superior engineering [i don't know how to create a link] at $150 they are expencive ball joints but cheap compared to the uca and from what i've read will do something similar. i don't have them on yet and i will seek advice before buying them i just think they may be worth looking into before dishing out for the uca's
also i would add the 80 series air box to your wish list along with the snorkel and you won't believe you're driving the same car

Latest posts

Back