What battery should I get

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcbuist

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im up for a new battery in my 2008 navara d22 yd25. Currently it has a NS70 but I'm wondering if there is a larger battery that will fit.

Cheers

Hey mate. You can fit a n70zz in there, but it is very tight. Is there any reason you want to go bigger than the ns70? I have one of them in mine and don't have any dramas with it...

the factory battery for the d22 is only 68 Ah, definately upgrading is a good idea when the factory one dies,i went for the Bosch S4 12V 95Ah 830A. its the bosch reccomended from their online catalogue also. really worth the extra money in my opinion, just leave headlights or radio open all night long, without the engine run and it doesnt run out. factory one is not enough for me. i thinkit died in 3 years but i also have remote-central locking, alarm with motion detectors etc. price was 125 euro so ~187.07 Australian dollars?

Last edited:
I think mine's one of these - I know it's a 910CCA battery, and it only just fits in the battery tray with room for a pubic hair on each side. I could go downstairs and take a look but it sounds like we're in the middle of a cyclone here - my weather station is reporting average wind speed is between 30-40km/h and peaks are in the 80-90km/h range. I stood out on my balcony a few minutes ago and I could hear tin sheets in the distance flapping about and crashing. I think I'll stay inside at the moment, although there's snow up on the Barrington Tops so we might make the trip up there tomorrow morning. This is a shot from the last trip up there ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9670-resized.jpg
    IMG_9670-resized.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 627
Is there any damage caused by going to a battery with larger cca? 560 cca to 910 cca is a pretty big difference. Basically I would like something with enough grunt so I don't have to worry too much when I've been sitting on the beach with the radio going and the doors open all day.

The CCA rating on a battery simply defines the maximum amount of power that the battery CAN deliver. It doesn't mean that it WILL.

What it does mean that the larger CCA battery is more than capable of meeting the demands of your car.

Threw in a n70zz this morning. Pretty tight and sits about 20mm from the egr pipe. Is there any problem with that? Do I need to fit any shielding etc?

Is the EGR still active? You might consider a small metal shield (for example, 0.8mm gal steel from Bunnings) mounted around the edge of the tray if you're really worried.

Hi All,

Seems I too am in the same boat. When new I had the my Thai built D22 with 2 batteries converted to single battery start using the other for my fridge.

I'm looking at options and thinking of a Century NS70X as a "not the best" but pretty good option.

The standard Goldstar battery is a 80d26r. If I went the wider Z70ZZ the cover and rubber tray would need to be hacked to make it all fit.

I drive the thing every day and average 700km a week (ish).

Rich

My battery is getting a bit slow - just wondering what the best value is. Whether to go cheap and cheerful or get something a little more serious.

Theres stuff like this, which are supposed to be a very good battery for the money, equivalent to Odyssey but much cheaper - https://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/22734/fullriverhigh-cranking-battery.html
And this ; http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/4351/optima-d27m.html
Its a lot of money but tax deductable being an ABN holder. But is it neccessary? I'd rather pay a bit more and get a good one than get a cheap one that will crap itself in a couple years.

i reacon both those batteries are abit of an overkill, certainly not cheap plus the first battery weighs over 25 kg,s thats bloody heavy. the standard supplied Nissan batteries are lasting around the 5 plus years mark and i would think there in the price range of around the $200 mark. you can get a very good battery for no more than $250.

I replaced the dual cranking batteries for a single Supercharge Gold MF95D31L 810 CCA from Autobarn. Came with a 40month warranty so figured I'd give it a shot.

Been going good for a year so far. I looked at the Optimas but there is quite a few thread around on other forums on them dying within a year. Apparently they aren't made as well as they used to be.

Actually now that you mention it i remember hearing bad stories about optimas purchased in recent years. I might go one of those Autobarn ones too then. The specs are good and can't go past a 40 month warranty!

Is it hard and or expensive to get get cranking batteries with multiple terminals?

Sent via smoke signals

Back