D40 sometimes will not rev

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjh

Reaction score
Hi i have a narvara d40 2007 2.5 and lately when i have gone to accelerate the thing wont rev up but when i take my foot off and back on the accelerator it takes off, its like the turbo wont boost sometimes, any feed back would be greatly appreciated cheers

Thanx john for the reply will go visit a mate of mine with a snapon scan tool and see what comes up cheers

I had a similar problem with mine. Would rev fine, but wouldn't boost if I pressed on the throttle hard, so its power was restricted. Mine's an auto, if it were a manual it'd feel like it couldn't rev. Apply throttle slowly and the boost comes on.

I replaced my turbocharger with a Forefront unit and it's perfect.

You need to be sure it's the turbo. Check vac hoses etc, but use a tool to monitor boost pressure. If applying the throttle hard causes the turbo to 'stall', it's possible your turbo's bearings are worn causing the shaft to reach a certain rpm then wobble if it's loaded too much in one direction (and at a guess I'd say the turbine end of the shaft, because the large force of the exhaust hitting the turbine would be the one putting the shaft to the side).

Thanx for the replys, changed out my scv today and its like a new car idles quiet and all the power is back also the gear changes r so much smoother now with the auto, cant believe i drove the car around for so long running the way it did cheers

Back