Won't go above idle ? Help!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resto

Reaction score
Hi on way to work, running fine then stopped at lights, went to take off and it just coughed and spluttered and won't go above idle.
Pulled over to Check. No engine warning light. Drained water separator on bottom of filter, go it running again but still won't go above idle ( can't drive).
Any suggestions ???

Hi don't think it's the nps, I walked to Bursons and got new fuel filter and just changed that on side of road. But won't e en start now.

Pull the battery posative and stand on the brake for 10 secs...
Recheck the fuel filter
Prime her back up and crank it over..if it idled before it will again.
Get back to us when she is idling mate.

Ok Just tried that, twice. Won't fire and now got engine warning light flashing as soon as ignition on?( before trying to crank, after reconnecting battery).

Hmm flashing is not good...means its found a fault in the system that it cannot get over..did it fire at all?

Nope, not since changing the fuel filter and even then was reluctant. I'll get it home and charge battery and check what code it is.
I'm thinking maybe injectors or pump??? , as it started and ran as per normal this morning, until I got into centre of town.

Sounds like you got a fair bit of air in the system changing the filter. Don't crank for too long to avoid damage to the injector pump. I wonder if the original problem may have something to do with the Throttle Position Sensor? Reading the codes should point you in the right direction. Do you have ECUTalk?

Hi it's a 2003 zd30, fairly stock engine 280k.
No don't have ecu talk. Was thinking yesterday that I should get it.

OK so i got home and had the battery disconnected for a few hours while on charge. Reconnected it, primed the filter pump and it statred and idles fine, not showing any codes now. But still wont rev over 1000rpm without shaking and rattling missing.
Have just looked up about the tpsand will have a play around with that.
Cheers Adam

When did you last fuel it? Let it idle for 10 minutes to reset the TPS.

OK so i cleaned all the tps plugs, which made minimal difference, let it idle for more than 10 mins, was sitting about 700ish rpm quite happy.
Last put fuel in on monday morning alsomt a full tank from a differernt than usual servo (this did cross my mind, altohugh hasnt missed a beat since) Seems i was doing the codes reading procedure wrong and after some more reading tried again and have 0301, 0706, 0407, 0703, 0905, 0705.
Was just trying to find my copy of the manual, might need to download it again.

That's a lot of codes.

Attachments

• zd30 dtc.JPG
    zd30 dtc.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 102
Some of those could have been there a while, i'd clear them, start it up again and see what comes back.

Thanks Rumpig, i found the manual on my computer.
I celared all the codes and checked i had 0505 (clear) before checking and restarting. Keep coming up with 0706 spill Valve, followed the manual to check all wiring and connections,all good. Got some clear hose to check for air bubbles and found some at the filter housing!!! So i bypased it clearded codes again, but still has same issues, hard to start, idles but wont go over 1000rpm.

i Have just pulled it out to get the numbers off it, so i can order one tomorrow or Monday morning(hopefully).
Wasnt too bad to get it off, just followed the instructions from the service manual.
Cheers Adam

Be a good idea to find out why it failed to make sure it doesn't happen again. 280 000 km could just be old age thou.

Latest posts

Back