1x Drag Link useless after each outing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
So iv worn out or busted a drag link each time iv gone out 4x4ing lately, iv noticed that my tierods/tierod ends have an upwards pressure on them due to my lift (see pic) which is pushing my ends and drag link into the chassis, which is then bending my HD tierods and damaging my draglink, how can I fix this?? Other then winding down the front end of my ute, is there a tie rod lifting kit or something along those lines. I'm sick of bending adjusters and busting draglinks every time I go out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415919217.662617.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415919372.659585.jpg

I am more and more convinced Nissan did not intend these as an off road vehicle.... more of a drive up the flat dirt track vehicle and launch the boat.

I wonder what the consequence of cutting the link, and welding the thing with a 30mm drop in it, would be. It would give the nut clearance under the chassis, and reduce the outer angle ... does it NEED to sit horizontally? Can it be safely welded? What if it were arc-welded and then quenched in oil?

I'm not sure Tony, all I know is every time I head off road I end up replacing a HD adjuster and the draglink, that movement you see there is just from me moving the wheel with my hands. I wonder how hard it would be to invert the draglink? As in flip and rotate so it runs under the idler arm, would have to find a different iderlarm obviously but could work the angle better and maybe not so much pressure on the draglink.

Someone in the Aussie Navara Page on Facebook found a new tie rod setup which used heim joints or something. Also used strong tie rods and adjutsters. Was more slimline and look dam solid. If I could find it I'd post it up

Looks like I may just give them a call.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415944446.007119.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415944455.189908.jpg

I like the look of them, I'm wandering how much.

Maybe talk to Brendan at Ultimate (muster sponsor!)http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au/

They also do armoured vehicle suspension where huge weights are an issue, so should have suggestions that could assist.

Cheers Bj I may just do that. Might call they guys in QLD first and get the tie rods and adjusters depending how much they are and their warrenty.

It says on that page they are fitting those hd adjusters with an extreme draglink? There are no pics of the draglink but if you find out more, make sure you keep us all updated. Im sure heaps of people would pay the coin for the upgrade

Just spoke with the guy in QLD that is designing them, seems like he knows what he is talking about. He is about to release a HD Draglink that provides different movement at each end, as well as a his tierod kit, iv places my order for both draglink and tierods (including their adjusters). (He own his own D22 and tests and runs all his own products).
He is talking about releasing a full diff drop down kit for the 22 as well as and new UCAs along with other things but won't be for about 6 months. Plus an assortment of products for his D40.
I'm extremely keen for his draglink and tierods, call him if you like let him know ur from the forum as iv said he may get a lot of interest from here.

Yep, that's what they are designed for. If you want more you buy a Patrol.

I had a Patrol Coily Ute..... It got the same mileage weighed more and was very capable.. But I wore everything out except the driveline and even that needed a rear main seal and clutch. The cab was shot the mounts had busted through a couple of times, the chassis was shot there was a crack starting at the rear coil mounts. Even the paint had turned to chalk.. But it was 12 years old had done once around, and either 2 or 3 times across and 3 times to the cape. It was a great vehicle but alas you cant get a new 4.2 diesel and was uncomfortable with the reputation of the 3L version ... every year someone claimed the piston burn out problem was solved and every year it happened to more people with the current model.

I just wish I had enough coin to buy and run in order of preference:
1. Iveco Daily with a camper body.
2. 79 series duel cab and I would find a way if they put a coil or bag rear end on it.

I may add too this guy was great at giving information and couldn't help more.
He did mention he was looking at making a coil over conversion for the 22 as well.

Cool ... Oh wait ... can't be done legally in QLD there is no mod code to change the suspension type or and/remove links or mounts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425025479.178767.jpg
I reckon thee will help. From that performance subsection guy in qld. Awesome to deal with, even asked me to call while I install so he can give me tips.

But not after I get this installed. From yd25 also In Qld. Good to deal with and came with a HD cover for extra clamp strength.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425025633.372741.jpg

Should have it all in by end of next week. Now only 6,000,000 other things to do and she will be where I want her.

I reckon thee will help. From that performance subsection guy in qld. Awesome to deal with, even asked me to call while I install so he can give me tips. But not after I get this installed. From yd25 also In Qld. Good to deal with and came with a HD cover for extra clamp strength. Should have it all in by end of next week. Now only 6,000,000 other things to do and she will be where I want her.

I believe you Will notice a huge difference in your steering.......with those components added..take my word for it.you will have a grin from ear to ear.!!!!!!
And yes I am talking about the steering Components!!!!

Latest posts

Back