D40 550 Front Seat Squeak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekka

Reaction score
Drivers side front seat has squeak in lumbar support area very annoying to SWMBO. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Yes, I had the exact same squeak.

I convinced the dealer to fix it under warranty (he didn't want to, he told me "most of them make the same noise").

They pulled the backrest apart and lubricated the springs and metal components inside. Problem fixed.

Hope that helps.

My ST drivers seat squeaks and clicks like hell. Really annoying but i cant be arsed pulling the whole seat apart. Its almost as anoying as the unfindable squeak up front that sounds like chipmunks on speed. How do you find what is making the noise when it only does it when driving?

My ST drivers seat squeaks and clicks like hell. Really annoying but i cant be arsed pulling the whole seat apart. Its almost as anoying as the unfindable squeak up front that sounds like chipmunks on speed. How do you find what is making the noise when it only does it when driving?

I've also got a squeak in the front end. You can sometimes also hear it give a quick chirp when you close the front doors.

Unfortunately mine is out of warranty, almost 4 years old. Have 6 years warranty but I think only 3 years on trim. Will report at next service and hope for a positive reply. Always serviced at Klosters in Hamilton Newcastle but next service will be in Darwin as we are travelling.
Has any one pulled seat apart to lube?
Have had squeak in rear springs also, fitted by Dobinsons Springs in Rockhampton 5 months ago. Give them a top mark for warranty as the Dandenong Office have arranged for new springs to be fitted in Mt Gambier. Cannot get better than that.����

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back