D40 camber adjustment

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morticus

Reaction score
So as i understand it, the ST-X model D40 doesn't come with camber/caster adjustment. Or does it? All the 40mm lift kits i see for sale don't seem to include this in the price. Is it necessary? You would think that the ute would have to have some sort of adjustment as standard, in order to get a spot on wheel alignment. I guess the question is, will i have to add this cost on top of the suspension or is it not necessary for the 40mm lift?

Some trucks came with adjusters most didnt. It will all depend on how good your camber is now as to how bad it will be when lifted.
There are various ways of adjusting camber. You can install offset bush's in either upper or lower control arms.That starts at around $150 plus fitting.
Or then you can go as far as after market Upper Control Arms.That can run you a lot more
It will all come down to how much you wish to spend and what you want to use the truck for

i have an 06 stx and just fitted a zordo kit which gave me about 60mm extra at the front and more on the back. when i picked up the kit, he had a peak underneath and said i had heaps of ajustment left. i just had it aligned last week, and there was no mention of a lack of adjustment.
on my car if you look under the car behind the front wheels, and look where the bolts for the lower control arms come thru, you can see an offset washer with increments. this is what zordo looked at, and this is what i believe adjusts the camber

This be what your looking for

16122008105.jpg

However it has to be on both front and rear sections of the arm. If its only on the part on the back its caster adjustment not camber. It has to be front and rear to adjust camber properly

Good man Aussie, cheers for that. I will crawl under and check it tomorrow. I suppose for now im just doing a budget lift, but will look at a full overhaul including body lift after tax next year. I haven't had an issue with camber before, the factory tires got 80,000 kms and they wore really evenly. I put some 32s on and they seem spot on as well. I hope the offset washers are there, otherwise I'll wait till next year and do it all at once.

Quickest way is to look under the front. If its normal bolts then no adjust. If its concentric head bolts then your in luck.
Mine had shit camber to start with so when I lifted it was really crappy to drive and would under steer big time.
By the time I had finished I have 40mm lift almost zero camber and fully legal
Cost was just under 2K by the time I finished

With aftermarket camber bolts like the one listed below
http://www.purenissan.com/camber_kit1.htm
http://www.nissteclifts.com/index.p...tegory_id=162&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72
Do these replace the front bolt on the LCA? I have an 2012 ST and i am towards the limit of my adjustment as i only have the concentric bolts in the rear of my LCA.

If these bolts, bolt in the front i am hoping to use them and maybe also these LCA bushes
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-N...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d049d0948
So that i dont have to compromise on either camber control or caster.

If the truck isnt already fitted with concentric bolts to adjust camber then in short buying bolts wont help. The chassis doesnt have the slotted hole or the stops for camber bolts to work.
Yes the offset bushes will work but we aware they are a set and forget unit. You press them in and they are non adjustable.

If the truck isnt already fitted with concentric bolts to adjust camber then in short buying bolts wont help. The chassis doesnt have the slotted hole or the stops for camber bolts to work.
Yes the offset bushes will work but we aware they are a set and forget unit. You press them in and they are non adjustable.

Then the companies producing the kits from the first 2 links are selling a product that wont work? It states that these are to be used on post 2005 vehicles that don't have the adjustments from factory...

Im not calling bullshit on you Aussie or anything, but if you are correct then these guys are offering a product that will not work.

I think you will find the adds are aimed at the Frontier. They are fitted for not with Camber bolts in the lower models. Still called a D40 but its Frontier not a Navara as such

This has been discussed at length both here and on ClubFrontier.org but it was a while ago so the search might not work
I went right into this a few years ago and if you dont want to slot the holes in your chassis then you have the choices of Offest Bushes or different UCA

Last edited:
Yeah fair enough, that makes sense. Im still yet to have a look, but being 12/07 build, im highly doubting that they are there. Offset bushes will have to be the way to go i think. Its a headf*ck why they would remove something that is useful. Dont see why they couldnt run the adjustable bolts and washer across the entire range.

Trust me we went thru this all a few years ago and back in 2007 there was a 30% chance of having camber adjustment on a truck from Spain. Nissan said none had it but there was quite a few on here that had them.
I think from memory we worked out there was 2 factories doing the chassis and 1 was installing concentrics and the other not. The not was doing most of the chassis.
I just ordered the offset bushes to install in mine as well as the UCA from PRG I already have.I want to raise it a smidge more and need to add a mm or 3 to the LCA to get the right camber .
Its not a show stopper as the aftermarket bush is more than likely going to be way better than the stock rubber units.

D40 UCA's

Hey Guy's, I am going to fit a set of Fulcrum UCA offsett bushes tomorrow. I have chewed out a tyre since I did my lift. Paid $130 for the bush set so with luck it's a cheap fix. I'll let you know how it goes.

This be what your looking for

16122008105.jpg

However it has to be on both front and rear sections of the arm. If its only on the part on the back its caster adjustment not camber. It has to be front and rear to adjust camber properly

Aussie
I am looking at a 2" lift either dobinson or tough dog so I had a look under the car I have off set washers both front & rear but the front has a bolt head on it and the rear has a nut like in the pic above dose this mean that I could have wheel alignment problems with camber or is it adjustable as I don't want to stuff the tyres, I have never had to have a wheel alignment since buying the car new 31000km ago.
Cheers Lyle

Last edited:
With concentric bolts there is an offset washer on both ends of the bolt.From memory the bolts are not both going the same way so essentially you could be looking at the head of one bolt and the butt of the other. As long as you have the concentric washers on both front and rear arm of the lower control arm then you will have both camber and caster adjustment .
This isnt from our truck but will give you the idea
oem_evo_rear_camber_adjustment_bolt_kit.jpg

D40 UCA Offset Bushes

Hey Guy's,
I have fitted my bushes on the weekend. It is an easy job especially since my mate has a hoist. But it would be relatively easy with a decent jack. The only hitch was removing the old bush. I used a bit of heat from a torch and and a little pressing with a bottle jack. The bushes are symetrical but use an offset sleeve in the centre. I have fitted them for max neg camber until I get a wheel alignment which will be when I wear out my tyres and the sooner the better. At least I can justify spending money to SWMBO on new boots when they show signs of wear.
As for handling and ride, both seem to have improved but it's early days yet.

Foxy

Has anybody tried tie rod extensions to correct the camber? Would that help? I think only PRG offers this item.

Hi Aussie thanks for sharing that info.
My Camber is up the shit too.
I bought a 2011 D40 STX 550 Spain built that already had been lifted.
I took it to a local 4x4 suspension place and the guy told me that it needs the adjustable upper control arms and was gonna cost me $1000 just for the parts. He said it's a common problem.
Now I'm not very mech savy but looking at your pick of the lower control arm bolt with the off centre washer mine looks the same so does that mean I don't need the adjustable upper control arms?

And if so do I just have to turn that bolt on the lower to adjust it?
Thanks mate I hope this is the case cause I just spent too much on new tyres and they are already starting to scrub out.

Hi Aussie thanks for sharing that info.
My Camber is up the shit too.
I bought a 2011 D40 STX 550 Spain built that already had been lifted.
I took it to a local 4x4 suspension place and the guy told me that it needs the adjustable upper control arms and was gonna cost me $1000 just for the parts. He said it's a common problem.
Now I'm not very mech savy but looking at your pick of the lower control arm bolt with the off centre washer mine looks the same so does that mean I don't need the adjustable upper control arms?

And if so do I just have to turn that bolt on the lower to adjust it?
Thanks mate I hope this is the case cause I just spent too much on new tyres and they are already starting to scrub out.

I've got a similar Q; '11 ST-X, Spain built with concentric bolts at the front/back LCA - can the camber be remedied using those concentric bolts with 40mm lift?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back