• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: D40 Shocks/Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frqnt

Reaction score
Posted in the For Sale section in error.

I'm trying to assemble suspension components on a budget, looking for good quality components and hope to achieve improved ride quality over OEM with increased clearance.

If you have anything laying about, I could be keen to buy.

Front/rear, shocks/springs with low KM's considered.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Best advice I'll give you, saves do buy a new kit.
It's going to be much better in tge long run my man,
I've had three sets through mine because isn't that route first up, should have just asked abs saved for a good quality new and not half flogged second hand kit

Best advice I'll give you, saves do buy a new kit.
kit

Sound advise. I found Tough Dog 41mm rear shocks with 1000km for $90 and saw there are some one-year-old King Springs advertised here for $50.00 - I reckon those two items would be a safe gamble and I could record a saving by using them in a kit.

I'd just need Tough Dog front shocks to match and a good condition rear leaf to get reset otherwise I can get either of those new.

The other option is the ARCHM kit on eBay as it has a three year warranty. Or the Bilstein setup - which i know comes with high accolades from many - but I just don't fancy spending the coin.

Old man emu

It's gotta be OME
Put a set on an 07 stx D40 2 years ago
Drive it everyday with half a tonne plus of payload for work, 50/50 gravel roads and bitumen
2 inch lift haven't bottomed out ever within reason
Still feels brand new today
The greasable shackles are the bomb
Seriously it's easily worth the money
100% Aussie made too 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺 do it 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

It's gotta be OME

Put a set on an 07 stx D40 2 years ago

Drive it everyday with half a tonne plus of payload for work, 50/50 gravel roads and bitumen

2 inch lift haven't bottomed out ever within reason

Still feels brand new today

The greasable shackles are the bomb

Seriously it's easily worth the money

100% Aussie made too 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺 do it 🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺

You mean 35-45mm of lift 😂
There is very few companies who sell an actual 2" lift

Sent via smoke signals

You mean 35-45mm of lift 😂
There is very few companies who sell an actual 2" lift

Sent via smoke signals

Strange how the suspension industry transcends the normal metric to imperial ratio.

Still looking for; raised rear leafs; front raised coils; front Tough Dog shocks.

More the point, they sell you a 2" lift, and it isn't anywhere near it.
And at a inflated price

Inflated price?
None of your comments actually align with the intentions of my original post. Just sayin'.

Still looking for; raised rear leafs; front raised coils; front Tough Dog shocks.

Last edited:
Wtb

My mistake I thought wtb meant what to buy, not want to buy.
Still I can't help but recommend go OME, or koni or bilstein with Lovells or dobinsons if at all possible, theres a lot of people with rancho/ ironman/ toughdog bits and pieces in the shed because they didn't perform.
Guess it depends a bit how hard the vehicles gonna be pushed too

My mistake I thought wtb meant what to buy, not want to buy.

Still I can't help but recommend go OME, or koni or bilstein with Lovells or dobinsons if at all possible, theres a lot of people with rancho/ ironman/ toughdog bits and pieces in the shed because they didn't perform.

Guess it depends a bit how hard the vehicles gonna be pushed too

You've raised a good point,
Try any suspension place weather it be pride auto or arb etc and ask if you can shuffle through their rubbish pile?
Might find what your after there

Sent via smoke signals

...ask if you can shuffle through their rubbish pile?
Might find what your after there

Not seeking scrap metal.

The demonstrated attitude that everything is rubbish except for X, Y, or Z is bollocks.

For someone seeking primarily more clearance, secondarily improved ride (over OEM) and on a tight budget - I rekkin a $1500.00 Tough Dog build with new springs/leafs incl. paying someone else to do the work is trumps.

To each their own.

Not seeking scrap metal.

The demonstrated attitude that everything is rubbish except for X, Y, or Z is bollocks.

For someone seeking primarily more clearance, secondarily improved ride (over OEM) and on a tight budget - I rekkin a $1500.00 Tough Dog build with new springs/leafs incl. paying someone else to do the work is trumps.

To each their own.

Last I checked it was 1650 for a kit from ZORDOS mate.

Pays to listen to people when you ask for help hey.

Sent via smoke signals

And just to add, ZORDOS kit isn't one brand, it's usually bluemax leafs (set to your needs) Lovell shocks and dobinson Springs. Unless you requested different.
All shipped and assembled ready to be thrown in

Sent via smoke signals

Last I checked it was 1650 for a kit from ZORDOS mate.

Pays to listen to people when you ask for help hey.

Sent via smoke signals

Never actually asked for your help - I asked if anyone had spare parts to sell.

If you would prefer a Dobsons kit at $500.00 extra that is your prerogative, sir.

Pays to respect peoples decisions before you criticise them hey.

Not sure where you get 500 extra from but that's cool.

Hope you find the second hand bits you need champ!

Don't be asking for good quality components to achieve a goal to not be ready to listen to people who've made the same mistake your about to. Just trying to save you doing it twice, like I did.

Sent via smoke signals

Not sure where you get 500 extra from but that's cool.

Hope you find the second hand bits you need champ!

Don't be asking for good quality components to achieve a goal to not be ready to listen to people who've made the same mistake your about to. Just trying to save you doing it twice, like I did.

Sent via smoke signals

500 is the cost deficit plus installation cost.

Respect your advice, I've actually dredged this forum for a while and have noted most your comments with credibility. Alas, my circumstances render this piecemeal build a necessity.

I am confident that this set-up will be adequate for my needs despite the scare-mongering - but I'll be sure to report as soon as it fails.

<Personal thread hijack follows> How bad can tough dog shocks be if I fit King springs (which is apparently the same as the TD [re-]branded units) and EFS leafs when I don't carry excessive load or go serious 4WD'ing?

All good my man. Just trying to help you out in the long run.

Should no no difference in Springs, accept the weight caring ability long term. For example I run the v6 front Springs to prevent any sagging.

Same goes for leafs, if your not carrying much you should be fine.

AS for shocks, cheaper brands tend to flog out lower bushes, not even cheaper ones actually.
So be sure to check for availability of those just incase it comes up.

Best of luck,
Over and out

Sent via smoke signals

Quality control

Man it all comes down to quality control.

OME,dobinsons, Lovells springs made in Australia: good quality control
Koni made in Holland: excellent quality control
Bilstein made in Germany: excellent quality control

Cheaper brands made in China: quality control maybe good maybe bad maybe catastrophic

Because fitting and tuning susp takes many hours and is kindof a safety issue you gotta weigh up the pros and cons

Do it once do it good or it costs more $

Latest posts

Back