Transfer actuator problem - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Hi all been a very longtime! Quite a few major life changes but still have the Nav :)
So need some help with a 4wd selection problem. Last week i had to reverse a digger on a trailer up a steep driveway so poped the nav into 4lo and all was well. Then when it was time to go selected 2hi and took off down the drive. I soon realised i had no drive at all. It seems the transfer somehow got stuck in 4lo but there was no drive. As it was cold, wet and dark i remembered that it could be manually put in 2hi by taking off the selector motor and turning the cog by hand. The arrow on the cog was pointing up so i took it this is the 4lo position so turned it anticlock 180 degrees and voila 2hi. The problem is that when i opened the selector a load of springymathings poped out! Put it back as best as i could figure but now i just have a 4wd warning light and no actuation so i guess i cocked it up. Tried to find an exploded diagram of the selector but no joy so i am hoping someone on here can give me some clues on how its meant to go together. Many thanks

Hmmm dont all shout at once!
Problem solved. took it all apart and found one of the springs was not fitted right. All good now.

Good to hear it's fixed. Had a busy weekend at Sydney Motorsport Park for the Classic Speed Festival myself (flags on post 4) and I haven't dismantled my transfer solenoid so couldn't really be of a lot of help. There are a few who have, but it's the long weekend (still going!) and there's snow in several places so there are probably more than a few of the members away having fun!

Just checking some of the web cams, Perisher has good cover as does Mt Buller (and there are people on Mt Buller right now, it's only 7:30am!).

Latest posts

Back