Good year duratracs?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler-k

Reaction score
While I was at the 4wd show today I cruised past the good year stand where they had there buy 3 get the 4th free advertised.

I'm in the process of deciding on tyres at the moment and was going to go with the bighorns as I've run them before on my old patrol. Anyway with this deals the good years are going to work out quite a bit cheaper. The duratracs are quite aggressive looking almost as much as the bighorns.

Is anyone running them? Any feedback would be great. The duratracs come in at under $1000 fitted or just over for the mtr's. I'm in a pickle.

I do a lot of highway travel for work so I don't think I should go the mtr's they look mad though haha

Sorry for the long post

-tyler

A mate has duratracs on his yota and told me they wear quickly but they have nice ride on road.. it isn't a true muddie, so if you do a lot of highway it could be a good choice.. they look great too

not a bad tyre by any means, if you can get 4 for like $1000 I'd say go for it, wouldn't mind a set of MTR with kevlar myself, heard though that they are prone to supply issues if you break one.

I would love a set of mtr's. the mtr's are 340 each plus $35 for fitting and balancing of the 4th free, So that's $1055. The duratracs are 320 plus the same $35 so $995. I'm pretty certain I'm going to go one of them as the cheapest quote on bighorns was 1200. That savings buy my bash plates.

My only concern with the duratracs are how they will go in muddy sticky situations compared to a full mud?

-Tyler

I would love a set of mtr's. the mtr's are 340 each plus $35 for fitting and balancing of the 4th free, So that's $1055. The duratracs are 320 plus the same $35 so $995. I'm pretty certain I'm going to go one of them as the cheapest quote on bighorns was 1200. That savings buy my bash plates.

My only concern with the duratracs are how they will go in muddy sticky situations compared to a full mud?

-Tyler

Thats a good price, what size. A friend got them about a month ago and said they are a lot better ride than the coopers he had on. Coopers are a harder compound and these are soft. I tried looking them up and couldn't find out how many k's people are getting out of them but. When i priced them for a set of 4, one joint wanted $400 each, the next joint wanted $380 each and the third joint i got down to $370 each, thats for 275/65r16. I would like to know how many k's you could expect out of a set for that price before purchasing though.

duratrak's are a great tyre i rate them better than mickys and coopers because the rubber dosen't go hard' which makes the duratrak's a lot safer on the road. I have ran coopers and they were crap and the micky atz's and the dick cepek fc2's were dangerous on the wet roads was glad to get rid of them. mind you the winters in tassie gets very cold and for three months my ute is allways in the snow on my property and temps get down to -11 so that may afect the rubber maybe.

duratrak's are a great tyre i rate them better than mickys and coopers because the rubber dosen't go hard' which makes the duratrak's a lot safer on the road. I have ran coopers and they were crap and the micky atz's and the dick cepek fc2's were dangerous on the wet roads was glad to get rid of them. mind you the winters in tassie gets very cold and for three months my ute is allways in the snow on my property and temps get down to -11 so that may afect the rubber maybe.

So how many k's do you get out of them?

When talking coopers had you tried the ST/ Maxx or the older ST because I have had both and the Maxx is 100% better in the wet , I really liked them.

So how many k's do you get out of them?

done 21000ks so far still looks to be 70% still on them so im hopefull i will get 50-60 thousend out of them.
and nakkers the st max is the only one i havent ran, the ones i did run were the st-c's and the stt mudders.

I've read a few different opinions on what k's people are getting. The majority are saying 50 - 70000k. Some are reporting more than 70 and others saying not even 40. Although I've read the same conflicting reports on Mickey T's in the past.

If I can get 60k from a set I would be happy.

Do any people have any experience with the duratracs in the sticky stuff? They look as though they would be quite well at cleaning the gunk out and the sidebiters are a nice touch.

-Tyler

I thought they were pretty much the same as a BFG AT in mud (so mediocre but not terrible)

i,ve got a set of dura tracs on now 265/75/r16 had them on for 35k now and not even at 70% yet, just have to rotate them regularly...
i do affair bit of 4wd up at aberfeldy whalhala area,
in the wet they are good and they spit the mud out quickly...
in the dry no problems .
on the black top really good no noise and brakes well in the wet...
the only thing i can pick on is the real sharp rocks have taken a few chunks out of the rubber...
definatly getting another set but maybe in the 285/75/r16

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363137373.709080.jpg
I love mine!

I think I'm sold on these now, thanks for the info.

With the buy 3 get the 4th free I was quoted just under a $1000 all fitted for 265's. just waiting for suspension now. Also beaurepairs do the same deal as they are owned by good year so one of their staff was telling me the other day. So might pay off to get a couple of quotes for anyone interested.

-Tyler

I paid from memory 1650 for my 5 fitted
Wish that deal was around back then!

You won't be disappointed!

Remember white side out, auto glym tyre dressing and a paint pen makes them look brand new ;)

Am looking at getting these in 265/70R17. been getting prices, beaurepaires in Brisbane, one store 523 fitted a corner, was told that's a good price, another store 490 fitted also told that's a deal from them,

Is anyone running this size and what did you pay?

Latest posts

Back