Cable under passenger seat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liqfx

Reaction score
Hi - this is my first post. I recently upgraded from my D22 to a D40 a couple of weeks ago. Found this forum a awesome place for information leading up to my purchase. Made it much easier knowing about the car before talking to the dealers.

I was looking under the passenger seat today and noticed a connector hanging down (photos attached). It is the white connector in black wrap with the white band. I cannot see anywhere where this cable should be plugged in?

Does anyone know what it is for, or more importantly if it should be plugged into something that it is not!

Cheers

Attachments

• 20120621_173906.jpg
    20120621_173906.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 20120621_173928.jpg
    20120621_173928.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 290
If it was the drivers seat I'd say it was the seatbelt warning beeper. I disconnected mine cos I hate wearing seatbelts when offroad.

Glad to see you UPGRADED to a D40 too ;)

Yea fair call... didn't actually check underneath the drivers seat to see if there was one there also.

utes out at the moment, that will be my next check when it comes home.

I know this thread has not been used for a while, but I've been searching a long time for information regarding this connector on the passengers side. So far I know this is the seat belt warning connector for the passengers seat. I have this connector in my MY12 D40 STX 550 Navara. The original passengers seat in my D40 didn't have electric adjustment or seat belt warning in the buckle but it had a seat warmer and SRS airbag. I have since replaced this seat from a Pathfinder to enable electric seat adjustment. The adjuster, warmer and SRS all work and report OK but the seat belt buckle warning does not work when plugging in the connector pictured above into the buckle. I have checked the buckle for correct operation (should only work when there is a passenger) and it works fine. Testing the connector by shorting it, I would expect it to close the circuit to ground and illuminate the seat belt symbol on the dash but it does not. From what I have found, this connector should terminate in the Air Bag Diagnostic Sensor Unit in the centre console and that in turn should be connected to the dash seat belt warning light. It is difficult to chase the cable from end-to-end.

Anyway, long story short, does anyone know if this plug under the passengers seat is just a dummy and does not make it all the way to the dash through Air Bag Diagnostic Sensor Unit? Has anyone managed to make it work?

The diagram attached is from a US Frontier, RH is passenger and LH is driver. It would be great if someone could post a RH drive Navara version.

Attachments

• seatbelt.jpg
    seatbelt.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts

Back