Stock ECU Remapping? 2.5DCI

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twice

Reaction score
This thread is to check if there are any interest in a team effort to be able to remap the stock Denso diesel ecu´s. In case, dev. thread.

In my tractor its a 23710-EB310 ecu, got a spare and hope software is same. Read and write for now need to open the box but is tested and working!
I wrote a little "clean" custom .csv logger/live data for ELM327 for it. Woks nice!

Problem now is finding the maps and identify wich is wich. And conversions. So are someone good at reversing code in IDAPro? :)
More info and pictures, pinouts etc. will be posted if there are any interest on the forum!

Since i cannot upload .bin files here...
Here is a link to all firmwares i have found for the D40 2.5DCI. (EB310 is what i read out of my ecu)
http://www.mxmotard.se/Denso D40.rar

Let me know what you think and if anyone got the knowledge for gving it a try?
Best Regards!

Attachments

• 23710-EB310.jpg
    23710-EB310.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 248
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 267
  • D40 LiveData.jpg
    D40 LiveData.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 263
  • pcb pads tmp.pdf
    216.4 KB · Views: 245
  • temporary pinout.pdf
    52.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
There is a mob in the UK who do remapping. There is also a guy in Australia who says he does remapping based on what the UK company do. So it is entirely possible to do and there is people doing it for a fee. There is atleast one thread I remember on this forum related to ECU remapping and more than likely has ECU remapping in the title if you want to try a search.

Personally the information provided here is not convincing enough to make me jump but that's probably more about the way the guy described himself and what he does, before I hand my ECU over for someone to play with they need to convince me they have a clue about what they are doing, the guy who talked about it on this forum didn't do that. But that's not to say he wont convince others.

EcuTek i think they are called? Or do you have specific name? They dont cover Navara according to their site, will e-mail them anyway...
Only threads about remapping ecu i could find was for D22, did not read through them all though. Please post the link if you can find the one for D40.

I am all for buying a definition file for my firmware, but no luck there!
So were hoping some people also were interested so we can give it a go ourselfves.

On second part, are you referring to OP in thread you are talking about. Or me? :)

Last edited:
The guys name was ecutunning or something, he's had a few posts but I can't remember how many.

Second part was in reference to the ecutunning guy who couldn't/wouldn't answer anything but the easy questions. I think from memory the company in the UK who this guy was a reseller for was either active on the UK Nav forum at on another forum and did appear somewhat knowledgeable but since they need the ute, or ECU to do the work its not really viable for us aussie to deal with the main company.

A guy by the name of NZ Performance Tuning remaps ECU's for 450's and 550's in New Zealand. NZ$1250 exchange ECU.

450 dyno. Red is factory, green is retuned
267183230.jpg

550 dyno. Green is factory, red is retuned
267182891.jpg

Last edited:
The guys name was ecutunning or something, he's had a few posts but I can't remember how many.

Second part was in reference to the ecutunning guy who couldn't/wouldn't answer anything but the easy questions. I think from memory the company in the UK who this guy was a reseller for was either active on the UK Nav forum at on another forum and did appear somewhat knowledgeable but since they need the ute, or ECU to do the work its not really viable for us aussie to deal with the main company.

I will do a search over there also and see if i find it!

Yes, so far the biggest hurdle is to reprogram ecu´s without opening them.
But since CAN-protocol in OBD plug is proprietary i can guarante there are flash routines there just that we dont know the protocol (yet). Have even found flash counter bytes in the file.
So anyone with a Nissan Consult could be of much help solving how to reprogram through obd port. Else a custom bootloader needs to be written so its is absolutely not impossible. just a damn hard car/ecu to get to play nice.

A guy by the name of NZ Performance Tuning remaps ECU's for 450's and 550's in New Zealand. NZ$1250 exchange ECU.

Way to pricey for a remap HAHA. I will release all my info opensource so community can use it instead of resistor boxes for 150-800EUR.
But will need help on identifying the maps, limiters and values.

What specs/engines are on the "450" and "550"? Mine have 172HP stock so not even a little impressed with the dyno specs...
And power curves are still ****ed and not even close so smooth power delivery in my opinion. You can get same result with resistors...

Also EGR, DPF disable would be a nice feature, often just switches in the firmware.
And if you change any hardware AT ALL a resistor box/chip can never change the compensation maps for it etc.

Last edited:
http://www.nzperformancetuning.co.nz/tuning/car-and-4wd-tuning/

dam shame they need your ecu , i would be very interested in this myself

With ecu removed from car and on bench. To open the box and reflash a new firmware its about 20-30 min of work... Reading stock file is not as fast but grab a beer in the meantime.

Solving the OBD programming/logging via CAN lines would be golden.
I have a first version blank .xml defintion for the firmware from my ecu. But i aint savy enough to reverse the code in IDA to se what is what and conversions.

Theese two is about the only hurdles left, then you could do logging in high speed via CAN and remap the D40 through the OBD plug.

Must be better than a remap for 10-20% of car value and resistor boxes that never can remove the factory limits how hard you even try? :)

With ecu removed from car and on bench. To open the box and reflash a new firmware its about 20-30 min of work... Reading stock file is not as fast but grab a beer in the meantime.

Solving the OBD programming/logging via CAN lines would be golden.
I have a first version blank .xml defintion for the firmware from my ecu. But i aint savy enough to reverse the code in IDA to se what is what and conversions.

Theese two is about the only hurdles left, then you could do logging in high speed via CAN and remap the D40 through the OBD plug.

Must be better than a remap for 10-20% of car value and resistor boxes that never can remove the factory limits how hard you even try? :)
problem is , your in Sweden Twice , even if you do crack it and get it up and running , the chances your ECU is going to be different to the values set into the Australian vehicles

I think it was Australian performance tuning?

Had a search myself but can't find the thread.

Do like the concept over a chip, no extra harness, keeps all the fault codes, totally factory look but he would have to know exactly what he is doing or he could very easily turn your ECU into a door stop.

problem is , your in Sweden Twice , even if you do crack it and get it up and running , the chances your ECU is going to be different to the values set into the Australian vehicles

I can send over pctures and instructions for it right now if you want. And if you can solder a bit its a done deal :)
If we can hack the OBD proprietary protocol all you need is cable and laptop.

Yes, every firmware version will have the maps a different adresses. But mostly the values will be the same.
So in general once a soft. version is done its a matter of translate it to the other files.

My question is , ok so this is a good thing ? maybe , and you get your ECU remapped , well warranty is up the shit , end even post warranty , you take your truck into nissan and they plug you into their diagnostic pc , what happens then ? do they see something they dont like and re write your ECU deleting your $ 1000,00 remap ?

Do like the concept over a chip, no extra harness, keeps all the fault codes, totally factory look but he would have to know exactly what he is doing or he could very easily turn your ECU into a door stop.

Exactly, and piggybacks sometimes go over limit and stock ecu cuts out. Imagine that in 250km/h kneescrape on the RR track hehe.

Never seen a ecu bricked so bad it wont be able to get back to stock.
Check out Dilemma´s Trionic Suites for SAAB´s and ecuhacking forum for
bikes. A good code reverse engineer is needed to make any sense of the firmwares though...

you take your truck into nissan and they plug you into their diagnostic pc , what happens then ?

APT claim their work is undetectable to manufacturers so technically all faults should never be proven on the remap. However the guy wasn't overly convincing of this fact when I asked the question.

My question is , ok so this is a good thing ? maybe , and you get your ECU remapped , well warranty is up the shit , end even post warranty , you take your truck into nissan and they plug you into their diagnostic pc , what happens then ? do they see something they dont like and re write your ECU deleting your $ 1000,00 remap ?

They wont see the changes but if they upgrade the program you will probably get a newer model stock program.
Once again my point, and how often are you satisfied with a pre-tune? After a while there are lots you want to change/improve...

Latest posts

Back