lsd front vs lokka

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes thats quite correct. but its because the tire or the ground is giving way not the locker.
if you look at the where the drive pin goes through the locker, the hole isn't round. its got sloped ends to it, ie a ramp which acts as a caming surface. the drive pin pushes each half of the locker out to keep the teeth of the locker in mesh.
the only way for the locker to unlock is for drive pin to come off the ramp which then allows the half of the locker to slide over and disengage its teeth.

btw going uphill is also the worse situation because you always have power on.
very difficult to coast when powering up hill.
thats why i've taken my rear auto locker out and fitted lsd back in.

Oh ok, nice to know... i was going to rebuild my rear diff but i thought a locker would be a cheaper alternitive..

So go the lsd ya think?

Oh ok, nice to know... i was going to rebuild my rear diff but i thought a locker would be a cheaper alternitive..

So go the lsd ya think?

rear diff on the d22's should be lsd. if you can't go elocker or air locker then i would just fix up stock lsd.

the auto lockers are/where in my toyota not the nissan.
as a daily driver the rear auto locker was great on gravel roads, ok on highway tarseal, but a real pain around town. its like having a diff with a lot of backlash. in fact you could wobble the pinion back and forth a LOT. thats caused by the design (and it was installed within spec).
hence why the rear one was replaced with a lsd.

there is a smoother version of the auto locker and there is Detroit locker types around. no idea if they fit the d22. cost wise they are dearer than the auto lockers.

rear diff on the d22's should be lsd. if you can't go elocker or air locker then i would just fix up stock lsd.

the auto lockers are/where in my toyota not the nissan.
as a daily driver the rear auto locker was great on gravel roads, ok on highway tarseal, but a real pain around town. its like having a diff with a lot of backlash. in fact you could wobble the pinion back and forth a LOT. thats caused by the design (and it was installed within spec).
hence why the rear one was replaced with a lsd.

there is a smoother version of the auto locker and there is Detroit locker types around. no idea if they fit the d22. cost wise they are dearer than the auto lockers.

Ok good to know ! It needs to be done but not juuust yet ... i wouldn't like the lashing noise at all, all i need to hear is a squeek or a rattle and its strait to the lift lol a little ocd me thinks...

my 08 d40 is in getting a elocker at and trashing front diff last weekend , thought whilst its been replaced may as well get the locker , wish i could have got rear done too but $$ , maybe in a few months

Hey guys,
I was thinking about either putting a lokka in the front and leaving it like that.
or if it was possible, swap the rear and front diffs out and have the lokka on the rear and lsd front??

any opinions?
Im going to put a lsd into my front 05 d22 🤪 as $$ r tight and ive got a spare sitting ere but im not sure how it'll go 🤔

Latest posts

Back