Suspension Brands

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortyNavros

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have trawled through numerous threads and reviews on different suspension brands on the web (not only our forum), trying to find out which brands are best to buy and why. There seen to be mixed reviews on just about every brand.

My biggest gripe at the moment is determining which manufacturers are 'actually' the producers of each brand. It seems like the majority of the shocks are manufactured overseas and it wouldn't surprise me if most of the brands are produced at the one factory, then each brand just slaps on their own sticker. Bilstein seem to have the best shocks out and most people justify the cost.

And my assumptions for leaf springs are the same, are most of them just made in factories and each brand just buys them and labels them their own?

I just want to buy reasonable quality gear at a price for what it's actually worth. Brands I have looked at:

BluPac: Looks like cheap generic gear, full kit including torsion bars $950 on ebay, excellent price. 3yr/100,000km warranty on shocks, 5yr? on springs. Good warranty. Mixed reviews, some good some bad, some indifferent
Bluemax/EFS: Zordo's recommended kit for the d22, decent price with decent warranty and good customer service.
Tough Dog: Seems to have mixed reviews? A bit more pricey than the other previously stated.
Ironman: Similar to blupac looks like cheap generic stuff, cheap price though
Rancho/Bilstein: Good quality apparently? High cost
ARB/TJM/OME: Local suppliers with installers, not real keen on this stuff as it seems like mostly generic stuff at a higher inflated price.
Raw: more cheapo generic gear, there are others like this but I wont mention them

Looking at a 2inch lift kit (+/- torsion bars, depends on price, I only have an alloy bar with no extra accessories, although my ironman bash plates do make the front of the car sag a little, new TB's may help here) as all the suspension on my 04 D22 is stock and shagged (esp rear springs). I am keen to install it my self. Probably only need comfort (0-150kg constant load) springs as I dont normally carry a lot of gear in the back, only load it up when I go camping/offroad. Am I right in assuming comfort springs are basically a 5+1 spring pack whereas a HD spring pack is 5+2?

I just wanted to find out if their is someone on here who is in the know about the suppliers/company/distributors and what is actually worth buying with regardless to quality.

Cheers,
Shorty

I used lovells have on all of my 2wd cars, can't fault it. Now I'm runnig it in my Navara love it. Run OME in my Disco hated it and tough dog in my Jackaroo alright but not great.

It really all depends what your after. What some one likes doesnt mean you will. What have you run in your other cars and were you happy

Ebay warranty worth shit all.

Bluemax comfort is 4+1
Bluemax H/D is 5+2
There would be at least a dozen guys on this forum that have the Bluemax/EFS combo
Cheers

Before my navara I owned a Bombadore, and the only thing I did to that was put a sick catback exhaust and a CD player. Navara is my first 4wd and suuspension/offroad gear is a whole new world for me

Well for what I understand is ZORDO is the one to talk to.

I still sware Lovells and its made in Carrington NSW. The 1st 2wd I had that I put Lovells in was a 2001 Magna it had a 25mm lift and handled twice as good then the pedders sports I put in her when I was young and stupid. 10times better then stock. But again its all what works for you. Old.Tony swares by OME but I hated the stuff on my Disco could be different cars as well.

So really the big thing is how deep is your pocket......

Latest posts

Back