D22 QD32 injector pump reseal Pics to come

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve998s

Reaction score
Hi all,
so the other day i decided to give the big Nav some love... cleaned the interior, vacuumed, cleaned glass and dash (1st time since owning).. anyway to say thanks, the very next day the injector pump began to leak... big smell of diesel driving to work and a puddle underneath after work.... bad times

Anyway, I decided to have a stab at getting it sorted...
step 1 : pump identification 99 D22 qd32 is a "VE01" Denso I am told

headed off to united fuel injection in Redcliffe, perth for a "DKVE01" seal kit.. cheap at $15
GREAT customer service!!!

I'll put up some pics later and the goings on of what I was doing to get it all sorted.

cheers

Last edited:
BEFORE YOU START... go grab some cheap cans of degreaser and degrease the whole side of the engine bay. use a high pressure cleaner to help you out. make sure you get the top of the pump nice and clean.

so here is the injector pump in the open. I removed the intake manifold to make access much easier. Its not a huge job to do, just get busy with a 12mm socket and spanner.

rough list of tooling:
3/8" drive
12mm socket, 3" extn, 6"extn, a ratchet
1/4" drive
10mm socket 2" extn, 6"extn, a ratchet
Sz 3 philips screw driver
large probably the biggest flatblade screwdriver you have...
seal pick, scribe, small ruler
vernier caliper... scraper ( or some razor blades ) ... and some brake cleaner...

also some "ultra blue" or "ultra grey" (permatex) sealant for when you put the manifold back together ( I left the gaskets out, couldnt be bothered to go and replace them and the flanges were all in really good condition.)

Attachments

• IMG_5131.jpg
    IMG_5131.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,763
Last edited:
fuel load screw has to be uncovered (if yours is virgin) and measure the depth to the nut with a vernier. This will help you reset the load screw at assembly time

Attachments

• IMG_5132.jpg
    IMG_5132.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_5133.jpg
    IMG_5133.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 625
so to help out, also take note of the direction of the flat blade slot, just for a quick reference adjustment
With the top return spring mount, it is keyed to the throttle lever arm so dont stress too much about it, just make sure you give it some spring preload at assembly. I marked mine based on the slot in the top of the throttle arm shaft.
you can just make out the two scribe lines.

Attachments

• IMG_5134.jpg
    IMG_5134.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_5136.jpg
    IMG_5136.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_5139.jpg
    IMG_5139.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 909
so you'll see my timing mark on the shaft, noted by the horizontal red line, the shaft is splined as is the throttle lever arm, so you cant go too far wrong.

Next is the exposed, cleaned top of the injector pump.

I scribed a line along the load screw just to help me out if I needed it with adjustment. Measurements are still checked, it's just another guide.

1 more measure ( i redid it with the vernier) just without the lock nut and washer.

IMAGE "142"... idle screw at the top (engine side) throttle peak out screw at the bottom of pic (wheel side still with virgin cap on it)

Attachments

• IMG_5141.jpg
    IMG_5141.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_5142.jpg
    IMG_5142.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_5143.jpg
    IMG_5143.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_5144.jpg
    IMG_5144.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_5146.jpg
    IMG_5146.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
kit part number

kit consists of a load screw o ring (smaller of the two)
a throttle shaft oring
a top plate seal
and 2 copper washers

inside the top of the pump...
when you remove the top cover after removing the 4 screws, lift the top a little and push down on the throttle shaft to help it out of the housing.
**NOTE the shim on the shaft base under the green oring*** sometimes it can stay on the housing, some times it can stay on the shaft base.. keep your eyes open for it!

the end spring assembly should look like this when installed... there are two flats which you'll have to align to get this assembly out and back in to the unit. The fulcrum arm/lever sits in the gap between the two .

Attachments

• IMG_5147.jpg
    IMG_5147.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_5148.jpg
    IMG_5148.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_5149.jpg
    IMG_5149.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_5150.jpg
    IMG_5150.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 398
assemble the new seals into position with a little grease to help out.
Fit your new seal to the top plate and lube it up a little before you
install the shaft/spring keeper assembly into the fulcrum arm/lever and then lower the top plate over the throttle shaft and slip a finger under to help the new oring slide up into the housing..
install your 4 screws and nip them up to about 10Nm (std M6 torque)

reinstall the other bits using the strip notes as a guide.

Alls good. you may have to adjust the idle a little... thats the adjustment screw at the engine side of the top plate. the adjustment screw on the wheel side of the top plate is peak throttle stop.

hope all this makes sense and can help someone out.

cheers
Steve

Pretty gutted that nobody even acknowledged this back in 2014.

Either way, thanks for this. I was struggling to find the seal kit code. Times have changed. its now $26 delivered not 15 :(

Hey mate I followed your steps but think I stuffed up somewhere, it's only starts with my foot to the floor and even than it only sits at 1000 rpm, please help lol

Latest posts

Back