Deceptive site!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
A couple of days ago, my computer screen went all red and said deceptive site ahead for this forum. No problem with my phone, so is it safe to bypass the warning. Clearly, people are still posting and reading!

Either its an external site trying to make you believe there's a problem, was there a 'Click here to find the problem ' button on the red page? Or it truly was your computer anti-virus- maybe picking up on some on this sites ad contents? But I would assume with the second that the antivirus wouldn't invade the whole screen?
I'm pretty much only ever online on my phone these days and haven't had anything like it. Maybe if it happens again take ascreenshot

Same message I'be been seeing for a week or so. Can push past it but this in line with the previous hosting page that comes up there's something seriously wrong with the hosting on this forum. Who's the admin here anyway?

UgAlg2E.jpg

Thanks for the picture Bax.
I'd be interested to know how everyone is 'pushing past ' this red page.
Also Bax - Old.Tony is admin ( maybe still on the road home from Mount Panorama) He'll chime in when his bank in range

Hi everyone also getting the message.

Ensure you report the problem as not a phishing site, there is link on the bottom "report an error".

Is everyone having this RedPageIssue running the same operating platform ie. Windows and the Chrome internet browser? Also are people accessing the site thru a bookmarked link or typing the web address in? Just looking for common ground

Hey Manning.

Windows 8 (work) Windows 10 (home)
Chrome Portable latest version (work) and Chrome desktop latest version (home)

Fairly sure the error would be confined to Chrome.

IE11 goes through fine. Don't have firefox to test at work.

Error comes up no matter what way I access the page. Each time it loads a new page I get the error again. Twice on the home page (twice I have to bypass the error) and once every time I click on a link outside of that.

poII1Nwup

Just reinstalled chrome on my phone to check it out.
Although I didn't get the red page it did have a " circled! " in the address bar and this message appeared when I clicked it

Hey guys, yes, back from Mt Panorama. Spent 4 days in the middle of Conrod watching blurs going past. Oh except that purple Porsche in the Touring Car Masters.

I'll investigate this issue and do whatever I can to resolve it. Will post back with any answers I can find.

Red Page

I'm getting it as well, but I notice it is from "Google", the King of "Bullshit", so I
really give it what it deserves, and thats nothing at all!

I'm seeing "Red" about all this, just delete "Google" and you have no problem!

highway man:popcorn1:

Sounds like a Windows problem. I have Debian Linux on my laptop and get the same ! in a circle saying not secure as mentioned above, but no red page of death on either chrome or Firefox... Same with chrome browser on my Android phone...
f416b9800bfeaaa0f999fe5f07efdb17.jpg
58ac5bb67d38ed4aabf39acc6cb5439e.jpg
409e7c18650920f044d57b055423fb54.jpg

Last edited:
Everything I can find out about it points to a possible poisoning of the .htaccess files on the server itself. I'll write to Dylan and see if he can sort it out, because I don't have access to it.

oops, I didn't realise those pictures were so big... I will see if I can make them smaller....

Tony, I don't know a lot about web site hosting(mine is still in the boonies), but I think there are a number of bits that might be kicking off the warning;
a)the site redirects,
b) if I remember correctly it also attempts to feed chat and Gallery stuff, and
c) it is still http(as is mine). The new rage is HTTPs (or should that be http$).

FYI, using Firefox on Debian Linux. The problemcomes from the browser and its default security options.

Latest posts

Back