Fuel management / pre filter install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also The Bracket Used on The D22 Models Is Located Where The Second Battery Is Usually Located. Found This Out At The 4wd Show Recently. So It Doesmt Work If You Have A Dual Battery set up.

so does that make it a better filter??, 10 microns better than 30 ??
i dont need the fitting kit cause i got 2nd battery in the way
was going to mount it umm? somewhere??

yes 10micron is smaller gap filter than 30 micron. think as 30mm hole filter against 10mm hole filter. which one is going to filter more

So can these be used on the ZD30, and if so because it isn't CR does that mean I could go with the finest filter they make?

I'm just worried about water getting through,already replaced one engine not keen on another haha. I know the stock one has a water separator in it but I wonder how good they are... So haveing this FUEL MANAGER before the main I thought would add extra opportunity to get any water out

So there's not much point on the ZD30 as its already got a water trap in the stock system?

Yea I think I will,it will help the fuel filter a bit I guess but mainly I just want to minimise chances of water getting through as much as possible.
Cheers mate

Haha I just re read your first reply,first time I read it I thought you meant you wouldn't bother with the whole unit.got it now you meant wouldn't bother with the finer filter.haha I need sleep.

On the note of pre filters. My pre filter stanadybe unit is before the main filter. So in my information gathering I worked out that in the CR models the genuine fuel filter is around 5 micron. The stanadyne is 30micron. I wouldn't bother going to fine on the pre filter its only there to catch water and big bits and the genuine is to filter out the finer stuff. Oh also remember the stanadyne 100series has a 150 micron filter on top of it then goes into the 30 micron bowl filter. So in reality you have 3 filters in the one line before it hits the injectors and your motor.

I know for sure that my system has already saved me a $10k fuel system bill as I had a clump of water and dirty fuel from a local servo. I must have filled up when the truck had just refuelled the station.

As for the non CR models u have heard that installing a second filter will put a lot of pressure on the pump leading to premature failure. The way to fix is to by a aftermarket fuel pump and stick it in and it helps the factory pump in pushing the extra load through the filters.

Rusty

Just stumbled onto the thread, thanks for doing some of my homework on this topic.

I haven't read all the pages yet, but how's the filter running now, it's been about 12 months, have you had any issues with it at all?

So has anyone put one on a ZD30 and if so did you put another pump in to assist?

I've been thinking about one of these with integrated lift pump. Anyone running one?

http://www.stanadyne.com/docs/pubf/FM Brochure 99966 lr (6).pdf

I wonder if you can just buy the pump setup and add it to an existing fuel manager setup. It looks good but I'd swap out the 5micron filter to 30micron filter and use it as your pre filter and keep the genuine as the final filter.

Got me thinking now into the integrated lifter

use it as your pre filter and keep the genuine as the final filter.

Got me thinking now into the integrated lifter

My thoughts exactly Rus. I've got plenty of space under my tray now with the body lift and the spare tire moved onto the rear bar. Was considering mounting it underneath closer to the fuel tank to keep the noise down and allow it to draft the fuel better from the tank.

Would be a good idea. Heard alot of patrol drivers add a extra lift pump in when they add extra fuel filters in. Apparently the vp44 pump cant hsndle the pressure.

Did you only need the metal bracket out of the Water Watch kit, didn't use the hoses etc??
And is that in your KingCab??

My two cents guys....

My D22 ZD30 has on 3 occasions had water trigger the factory alarm at full revs towing a boat without letting anything through. The first 2 times it was a flush and refit on the side of the road without any further problems for the rest of my journey -1,500k or so before finding a Nissan replacement.

The last time it went off was with a pile of black dust blocking the filter about 35km from a dodgy roadhouse.... No lasting problem with that one either.

I run about 18psi boost and dpchip on setting 5 with a boat n gear etc and never seen any reason to play with filters as I think it is fine for most applications.

I do know that the zd30 does run out of fuel on redline but that could be pump capacity rather than the filter...not sure...easier to stay away from redline.

Latest posts

Back