PLEASE Help ! strange issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep done all you mentioned and even my auto electrician couldn't resolve the problem. Thats why I have asked the original poster how they fixed their issues.
Hi Regie,
I saw your post re: strange problem with your Nissan. I wonder if your problem has been fixed. I would like to know the solution. Because I have similar situation happening to my 2011 Nissan Pathfinder. I removed and replaced all of the fuses in the car, car work for few days then the problem starts again. Like the actual signal light is on but nil on the dashboard, vdc light is suddenly on, headlight also is always on by itself, etc.

I had a Ford with a bad instrument earth for the dash and that did weird things.. Really wierd things!

Last edited:
Hi Regie,
I saw your post re: strange problem with your Nissan. I wonder if your problem has been fixed. I would like to know the solution. Because I have similar situation happening to my 2011 Nissan Pathfinder. I removed and replaced all of the fuses in the car, car work for few days then the problem starts again. Like the actual signal light is on but nil on the dashboard, vdc light is suddenly on, headlight also is always on by itself, etc.
Hey mate, to echo a few suggestions, check your earths. Mine did a weird glitchy dash thing, and it was a connection behind the kick panel passengers side (small plastic cover at side of footwell ) there's a bunch of connections there, and mine was a random one in there. I found it by accident when doing something else... just give them a wiggle, and see if it does anything...

Hey mate, to echo a few suggestions, check your earths. Mine did a weird glitchy dash thing, and it was a connection behind the kick panel passengers side (small plastic cover at side of footwell ) there's a bunch of connections there, and mine was a random one in there. I found it by accident when doing something else... just give them a wiggle, and see if it does anything...
Hi mate,
Thanks for your reply.
I still can not find the cause of the problem.
I took my car to nissan but I ended up taking my car back because they charged me for labour (investigation), without even found the problem.
When I turn the ignition key to on position and if the engine light is off, the engine fan will spinning fast and I would not be able to crank the engine.
What I’ve done, I have to give shake to bunch of the cable next to relay box (at the back of the battery. So, the engine light will on, then I will be able to crank the engine.

Attachments

• 4316E38C-4BD9-4E6A-BA4A-A3A1D1776C72.jpeg
    4316E38C-4BD9-4E6A-BA4A-A3A1D1776C72.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • DC140086-75A3-45D8-8CB3-F2A55BED18C8.jpeg
    DC140086-75A3-45D8-8CB3-F2A55BED18C8.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
It sounds like there's a wiring issue. Possible cable damage from something? Even pressure washing the engine bay can do it! High pressure water pushes debris into the electrical contacts and it creates a nightmare of trying to find which connector has the fault.

It would be a good idea to just start by unplugging and replugging everything in the engine bay. It's free to do - just takes a bit of time - but by doing this, each connector is checked and ruled out.

Shaking the wiring loom sounds very much like there's an erratic connection in there. Might even be a poor fuse or relay contact inside the box.

Tread carefully with Nissan dealers. My dealer warned me not to pressure wash the engine bay, and their own staff pressure-washed my engine bay, so they obviously don't always follow their own advice!

Hi mate,
Thanks for your reply.
I still can not find the cause of the problem.
I took my car to nissan but I ended up taking my car back because they charged me for labour (investigation), without even found the problem.
When I turn the ignition key to on position and if the engine light is off, the engine fan will spinning fast and I would not be able to crank the engine.
What I’ve done, I have to give shake to bunch of the cable next to relay box (at the back of the battery. So, the engine light will on, then I will be able to crank the engine.

Problem solved by local mechanic....
I was really amazed how quick local mechanic able to point the cause of the problem. He replaced the entire engine wire loom (bought quality second hand from wreckers), and problem fixed.

Interesting read, so exactly what was the problem ?
If your mechanic has not identified the specific issue then your mechanic has not fixed anything other than to replace the wiring loom.

Hi guys,

I have a D40 2008 Navara im having a strange fault please see sequence below..

Intermittently when car has been driven i attempt to start it and..

1. Cooling fan comes on ( as if engine is hot )
2. Headlights and Park lights come on ( switched off on dash )
3. Engine will not turn over
4. Windscreen wipers will not work when this is happening
5. Indicators will work externally but not on the dash..

After about 5 minutes the fan stops and the car will turn over ( but not start )

After about another 5 minutes the car starts as normal

Other issues that are happening are the dash dies whilst driving the tacho and speedo drop to zero then spring back when this happens the ABS and the Park Brake light flash on for a mili second

please help us find this issue :)

My brothers 2007 d40 did the exact same things. Test to unplug the abs unit. It was the abs unit om my brothers car that was faulty.

same issue

hi everyone. im having the exact same problems with my stepdads 2010 st-x YD25. has anyone found the solution to these problems?
very desperate as this is his income maker.
thanks
disconnect the abs unit. that was the problem on my brothers d40

Hi guys,

I have a D40 2008 Navara im having a strange fault please see sequence below..

Intermittently when car has been driven i attempt to start it and..

1. Cooling fan comes on ( as if engine is hot )
2. Headlights and Park lights come on ( switched off on dash )
3. Engine will not turn over
4. Windscreen wipers will not work when this is happening
5. Indicators will work externally but not on the dash..

After about 5 minutes the fan stops and the car will turn over ( but not start )

After about another 5 minutes the car starts as normal

Other issues that are happening are the dash dies whilst driving the tacho and speedo drop to zero then spring back when this happens the ABS and the Park Brake light flash on for a mili second

please help us find this issue :)
Hi. I am having the same issue as this. Has anyone found how to resolve this?

Latest posts

Back