Custom made Exhaust manifold

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/afterm...wts=400&pt6_wd=83&pt6_wd2=74&pt6_wrsin=92044&

I was having a play with the match -bot and looks like 375hp at 4000rpm at 30psi, around 500ft/lb from 2500rpm onwards, 250ft/lb and 8psi at 1500, 350lb and 17psi at 2000 rpm.
On the turbine map looks like the first three plots land on a 58mm wheel and a 0.83 A/R.
It does all look a bit optimistic, but you definitely do make more power with less boost when your turbo is efficient.

Here's one with a possibly more diesel-like volumetric efficiency.
30psi, everything fits on the map quite nicely, looks like the .64 T-housing would be suited. Not 100% sure what im doing though. It would be good to see what someone more tech savvy can come up with.
http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/afterm...wts=400&pt6_wd=83&pt6_wd2=74&pt6_wrsin=92044&

I did one for my ZD30 for around 20psi - fits on the map even better, gets more efficiency islands. Makes me want to get one! I wonder what fueling mods i would need though...
Bloody addictive these match-bot games!

Here's one with a possibly more diesel-like volumetric efficiency.
30psi, everything fits on the map quite nicely, looks like the .64 T-housing would be suited. Not 100% sure what im doing though. It would be good to see what someone more tech savvy can come up with.

I did one for my ZD30 for around 20psi - fits on the map even better, gets more efficiency islands. Makes me want to get one! I wonder what fueling mods i would need though...
Bloody addictive these match-bot games!

fool:jackoff::wristy:

That's awesome! It's looks like such a sleeper to.

Here is a link a little more back on topic of a D40 on the American Frontier forum that has had some serious work done to it including a hand fabricated exhaust manifold for a larger turbo.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f47/project-300-diesel-hp-nearly-done-71347/

Pretty interesting that he was using a 2860 "disco potato" with great success but not enough oomph down low with the .85 rear. Pretty much confirms the calcs that the efr 6258 with .64 rear would be a madman, as they are pretty much equivalent size, the efr being much faster spooling and more flow too.

garrett-gt2860rs-turbo-content-2.jpg

borgwarner-efr-6258-turbo-2-content-14.jpg

So I have decided to make a new manifold, I made the mistake of welding the current one backwards and it's thus useless unless I cut the flange off and redo it. I decided to just make a new one as steam pipe and laser cutting is cheap and it was not worth the effort.

I considered making the manifold out of both short and long radius bends

I was going to notch the inner bends instead of using T pieces for better flow but it was too difficult to do in a drill press

Where I am at now. I am TIG welding as much of it as I can as it is good practice

The finished product will be sent to pacemaker in SA for coating before install and testing

Few pics of my welding. I had some good runs but I am only still learning to TIG so its not that good

Just need to finish the last bit of welding amd to weld a bung in for the EGT sensor. Then its off to machining and then to Pacemaker in SA for coating

Finished all of the intake and intercooler piping this week. Got the dump pipe tacked up but I ran out of Argon so I will TIG that over the Easter break.I also remade the intercooler brackets and painted them.

The to do list:
Plumb up oil and water lines, this will require me to custom make the fittings so I will need to wait for laser cutting
Weld in EGT and AFR bungs into dump pipe
Modify Water lines for W2A
Weld in bung for Pre I/C temp sensor

Its a shame you cannot buy adapters for the oil and water drains at a reasonable price, looks like I will be making my own

I am unsure if I will run a manual boost gauge on this setup. I have the MAP sensor installed in the intake manifold so I may just use that. If I run a manual boost gauge I will need to tap a fitting into the cold side of the W2A core

Nah it wont matter, the intercooler will pull all of the heat out of the compressed air before it enters the engine anyway. I can TIG stainless, Ali is a whole different ball game!

you don,t think the inlet pipe to turbo won,t get too hot being stainless steel?,

Stainless is a much better "insulator" for want of a better word than mild steel, let alone aluminium, which last time i checked is one of the most heat-conductive materials known to man.

I agree with Tweak'e the runs are very short so there will be no real time for the temperature to dissipate.

Latest posts

Back