titanium GPS no good

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I do alot of per week for work and rely on the GPS to get me around. I am issues on the GPS locating my car accurately. For example I can be driving down the M1 and it shows my vehicle off the freeway on the grass or parallel road etc. then in turn tells me do stupid sh#t. Anyway does anyone else have any issues with the accuracy of the nissan GPS

Cheers Justo

Justo, i hit Nissan up about the same thing when i had my last service. I told them it was USELESS and would not and had not ever been able to be relied on (even from day one). I asked while my car was serviced if they could update the firmware to make it work correctly. When i had to sign to give permission for them to work on my car there was an additional $280 for update which i played up about an refused to sign. APPARENTLY they don't just get sent an update disk which they can then upload into the vehicle, they have to first pay, then get senta one time use link which then they upload. I tried to call BS but he wasn't budging.
He gave me Nissan Australias number and told me to play it out with them.

Since then I've had a few calls from different people regarding the issue. None have been very helpful or been able to give me a certain solution. I'm going to keep on it and I'm definetly NOT paying for an update as its ever been right like you mentioned.

Since then I've had a few calls from different people regarding the issue. None have been very helpful or been able to give me a certain solution. I'm going to keep on it and I'm definetly NOT paying for an update as its ever been right like you mentioned.

Hey mate, I got an update for free as Nissan recognised that there was an issue so don't pay, I didn't sign anything either. But the update has not fixed the issue at all. My brother in lay is a mechanic for Nissan and said as far as he knows there is no "fix" for the problem from Nissan. He thinks maybe the antenna is the issue but he's not 100% sure. I'll keep you updated on any news I find. Very very poor for a vehicle of this $ value

Cheers Justo

I've just brought a NP300 and although the car is on the right place on the map some streets running off the ones I'm traveling on are out by 50+m and the map installed is over 2.5-3 years old as some intersections are showing as round abouts on the GPS but were changed to traffic lights nearly 3 years ago and landmarks shown on the screen are long gone. SO I wouldn't hold your breath on it being any good even if they do fix the positioning of your vehicle.

Just an update on the GPS problem. I seem to have fixed the it, Nissan tell me that because I have fitted bigger tyres that it has thrown off the GPS and they have no fix for me however i went into the settings and found a manual setting that allows you to pin point were you are on the map. This seems to have fixted the problem so far so anyone else having the problem there is a way to right it.:redcool:

Fitted bigger tyres so it throws it off. LOL!

That's a new one. Undo your fix and whack in another GPS unit on your windscreen and compare the 2. I run bigger tyres and my Garmin is fine. It's just Nissan bullshit

Hahahaha
Bigger tyres is a good one, I would love for them try that one on me. It just shows some people have no idea how things work....

Yeah I couldn't understand how the tyres have anything to do with the workings of a GPS. I guess it's like anything once you change anything on your car they use that as an excuse to not fix under warranty. What is most annoying is that I had to work out how to fix it on my own and nissans tech team had no idea on how the problem could be fixed.

Bigger tyres will always impact on the accuracy of the GPS because of the change in altitude.

GPS satellites orbit at 20,180km above the earth's surface. Raising your car by 25mm is probably too much for the car's GPS to handle.

You should ask the dealer if the accuracy is further impeded by speed humps.

Bigger tyres will always impact on the accuracy of the GPS because of the change in altitude.

GPS satellites orbit at 20,180km above the earth's surface. Raising your car by 25mm is probably too much for the car's GPS to handle.

You should ask the dealer if the accuracy is further impeded by speed humps.

Hahaha. They will probably tell me it will impact it hahaha

I don't know what you blokes are complaining about. My gps works great...
5F6q0P6.jpg

I don't know what you blokes are complaining about. My gps works great...

Hhahaha ...dont show nissan this picture. Theyll try and void your warranty by saying you've driven your Nav into the ocean. .
LIKE TITS ON A BULL, THEY ARE!!

A bit of an update, since I "fixed" the issue every now and then it goes funny and sends my off course but corrects itself after a while, I would love to see what Nissan have to say about that as if it was my tyres:rofl2: I would have thought it would be a constant issue but just every now and then to me says they are just a shit unit.:smash:

Latest posts

Back