D22 heater not working

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22_dogg

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive searched and cant find any info about my problem.
I have a d22 zd30 05 navara and i live in ballarat and my bloody heater wont work. I have replaced the radiator the thermostat and flushed the system, hot coolant travels through the hoses in the firewall any ideas on what to check next? Because im driving 50km every morning in -2° c i may aswell be on the bike..
Cheers guys..

If both hoses from the heater core are getting hot, that's a good sign. That means the heater core isn't blocked. The problem is likely the door on the heater box that moves to allow air through it or the cable from the control lever on the dash.

Heater wont Work

With your list of "Will do's" and "Not doings" I believe I would make a start at your Outer Cables not being secure in their Clamping and therefore not allowing the Taps to open!

Otherwise, In your local Temp's, I really feel for you, I have lived in Victoria for Four Years at "Officer", a Dairy Farming district East of "Dandelong" on the "Sale" Highway, and a Morning walk across a Paddock always left me with a feeling of "Brass objects" clanking in my trouser pockets as I walked along!

I hope you find your problem very soon!

highway man!:deadhorse:

Hahaha pisser highway man. Yeah its bloody unbearable particularly in the coldest part of Vic.
Thank you both for your advice ill be pulling apart the dash today!

What bods said, if both heater hoses are hot the issue is most likely to be the air mixer door not working. Most relatively modern cars have a heater tap that controls water flow but the main control of the amount of heat delivered is a door in the heater that directs air either through or around the core.

How does the heat slider feel, is it smooth but still feel like there is something connected to it? You should hear the door flap around as you move the slider around from about the middle of its range and feel it through the lever. Usually at the bottom end you will feel a more resistant spot as another cam on the lever closes the tap.

Latest posts

Back