Roof top ten on hard lid

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewismcc6

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any success mounting a roof top tent on the factory hard lid by fitting tracks and roof racks. Is the lid tough enough to take the weight or can it be braced to do so?

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

I was wondering if anyone has had any success mounting a roof top tent on the factory hard lid by fitting tracks and roof racks. Is the lid tough enough to take the weight or can it be braced to do so?

Being plastic I would imagine you would end up in the tub!:rofl2:

Its fiberglass but i was thinking of steel reinforcing and making sure the weight was over the sides of the tub

You would be better off put a rear alloy sports bar on and mounting it on the front and rear sports bars, have seen that done before.

I'd tend to agree with the above comments, it's just not practical. Why not on the roof have you got a bit of gear up there?.

Latest posts

Back