HID Spot lights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippy

Reaction score
I bought the exact same spotties in a conventional light about 15 years ago. I think I paid $30 each for them - never installed them - still have them in the garage - they were junk.

If you want relatively cheap HID spotties your best bet would be to buy some Hella Rallye 4000's and convert them to HID yourself. Something like 4300K 50W H1 is about right and it will give you a nice white light.

At the end of the day it will still cost $500-$600,but it beats paying for overpriced Hella Predators.

Oldish thread but it might help someone later down the track.
I recently converted my Dad's 100W Lightforce spotties (XGT I think) to 55W 6000K HID and the difference was phenomenal. HID made the originals look like a weak yellow torch beam yet used half the power. As a rough guide the number (for what its worth) is that you get about 300% more light.
Instructions were $10 from the web and the kit was $150 ebay job. Needed to modify the spot light housing a bit but he won't even dream of going back now so that's not an issue.

ive been looking at the ebay jobbies for the IPF 900 spotlights...are they any good??? was wanting to change mine jsut to save some more power and for $150odd i think it mite be worth it

I have Narva 225's that have been converted to HID.

Look at the second last page in my members thread.

Dave.

wow nice light hehe...how easy is the conversion??? i just wanna do the spotlights then ill think bout doing the headlights

There pretty easy to convert.

Getting the plugs of the Narva wires is probably the hardest bit. Just fiddly.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back