Navara Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flacky

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post and I'm new to the whole Navara scene, or to any ute seen for that matter. Currently drive a forester, but realise that all that space I had when the back seats where down disappeared as soon as two baby seats were installed...

I've decided I need the tray as I do a lot of DIY around the home and always carting things to and fro.

Looking to get an auto duel cab diesel as I love my beach work (great fun in the Forester by the way!) I have up to around 18K to spend and looking through car sales etc I find that these are pretty high mileage vehicles averaging between 130K and 200K. will there be much life left in a 200K engine?

If anyone can recommend what I should be looking at and what to avoid that would be greatly appreciated. Until then I'll keep browsing the forums and sifting through this wealth of knowledge.

Thanks guys,

Flacky

I'm also new here, and upgraded from a forester. Growing family, DIY etc similar to yourself. I had a similar budget too. Good luck with your search.

My decision ended up with the D40 after the ranger, BT50, colorado, d-max were all too small in that price bracket, being the old shapes. I wasn't a fan of the Triton (mostly the shape, and the turbo lag from the one we had at work) and the Hilux in that price range had 50k more kms, or was a couple of years older.

Last edited:
I'm also new here, and upgraded from a forester. Growing family, DIY etc similar to yourself. I had a similar budget too. Good luck with your search

What did you end up with if you don't mind my asking? Happy with the change?

Welcome aboard, Flacky.

Navara is a different beast to the Forester, and handles differently. Without a canopy and with an empty tray your tail end is quite light - watch the V8 utes. They're a barrel of fun.

If you're a regular on the beach you'll probably stick to HT or maybe move to AT tyres, MT are definitely NOT recommended. An on-board compressor is worth having and then adding ARB's diff locks is a no-brainer. If you get an auto, have the transmission cooler disconnected from the radiator and have an external unit fitted. Landing the nose hard on sand can cause the lugs underneath the radiator to pierce the two causing cross-contamination.

Latest posts

Back