Fuse and lighting puzzle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andell

Reaction score
2014 D40 ST auto diesel – Fuse and lighting puzzle:

Left side tail light and parking lights not working and no interior lighting on centre console area – (nav, audio, aircon etc) nor at shift lever.

I can’t recall whether they all went together or not. Photos from a recent trip I did through the centre of Aust with a DOT camper trailer indicate LH parkers and taillight failed somewhere on the Anne Beadell highway so I guess corrugations might have something to do with it.

I found the fuse for taillights “F7 Tail” was blown (in the big squarish black fuse box at rear of engine compartment on passenger side) but even with it blown the right side lights are all working. (I believe there’s a separate fuse for right side ..”F9 Clearance”??)

Have tried changing fuse a few times and fuse blows fairly shortly after turning lights on, sometimes straight away and sometimes might get a minute out of the lights, so the globes are working. Assuming there must be a short in their somewhere?

Extras added to Nav where wiring may have had an effect are:
Towbar by Nissan,

Bullbar with Lightforce driving lights and led bar, plus fog lights, winch, Couplertec electronic rustproofing, SMM steel canopy by Opposite Lock

Redarc towpro brake controller and ICOM 450 uhf radio under centre console area, Anderson plug to rear, installed by myself.

Everything worked fine for about a year. I have rechecked the trailer wiring and where I connected the brake controller in. Anyone got any clues on where to look now or experienced anything similar.?
Cheers
Andy

Latest posts

Back