Moreton Island - Camping Suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcg7861

Reaction score
G'day Fellas

Just wanting some advice on where to camp on Moreton Island. Heading up towards end of the year, and cannot figure out where to camp.

Currently booked for North East camping zone however I'm wondering whether I should change this or not?

We will be completely self sufficient and only 2 people.

In terms of vehicle access, will have maxtrax and shovel however only a stock height D40

I'm used to camping solo and remote however the msr rarely goes and we have only ever camped around people previously. Don't know how comfortable she will be completely isolated. So it would be nice to have space/peace and quite but civilization close by :confused2:

Any advice would be appreciated !!

Cheers

You could camp around Blue Lagoon and be remote but still a short drive to the toilets. Check what areas are open, they closed off a lot of the beach camping because of people damaging the dunes and dumping rubbish. You'll be fine with stock height, we went with a couple in an x trail it only had a bit of trouble. West side is full of mosquitos and sand flies best to avoid there.

Cheers HJ, yes I was thinking around that area. Blue Lagoon was booked out hence I tried the north east camping zone hopefully I can get a site that is close to the Blue Lagoon main camp area. Also that was my worry regarding the western side: I had 2 options either contend with wind on the east or missies etc on the west.

It depends on when you go school holidays can be busy. That area north of the lagoon is a first in best dressed basis but your should be able to find a nice spot not far from the toilets. There may even be showers now, I haven't been there for a while.

Back