Falken or Cooper tyres?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlsNavara

Reaction score
Hi guys
Any advice on 265 65 17 Falken tyres quoted $239 and also Cooper 265 65 17 AT3 10ply $320; always had BFG’s but I’m rarely off road any more, just want a decent tyre at a fair price
Thanks

just a tip. have you looked at the Hankook Dynapro AT/R,s ? great tyre and will go over 100k. cost is around 230 per tyre too.

hankooks atr are great and well priced too ((-: don`t know much about the falkens in 4wd tyres but they were crap on xr falcons.... smoked well though (((-;

I've got falken wildpeaks on my d22. Not too bad, handle fairly well and seem to be wearing well. They are made in Japan from memory, so make of that what you will haha

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Dunno about the Coopers but I had Hankook Dynapro previously and went to Falken AT3's.
The Hankook's do last although 100,000K's seems a bit ambitious but I did get a good run out of them. Only problem was they went hard. Like rock hard. Wet weather was scary. The Falkens do have lots of grip, wet and dry. In fact the new Falkens are better in the wet than the new Dynapros were. I don't expect them to last a long time but I rather buy tyres for safety than longevity.

What tires did you get? I'm planning to purchase Cooper tires at 4WheelOnline to replace my current aftermarket ones. I don't have first-hand experience before, but I'm looking forward on its performance and handling.

Just an update on the Falken's. Wear ok but faster than the Hankook Dynapros did. Good news is wet weather grip is just as good as new. So these things are soft. Handling is fine only real criticism i can say is they have a tendency to retain little stones. Funny thing is on a gravely road they are fine as i suspect the block moves around enough to eject them but on road they seem to stick in. Not a biggie tho.

I recently put Falken Wildpeak all terrains on my D40, replacing Mickey Thompson ATZs that had gone hard with age. I haven't taken them off-road yet, but on bitumen they are so quiet that I can't hear them above the noise of the engine. For riding comfort I'd give them 11 out of 10. And good value - I paid $240 each which is about half the price of some alternatives. Very happy !

they are so quiet that I can't hear them above the noise of the engine.
As they wear down a you will find they make a little noise but not obtrusive. Really only notice with window down. As an aside they are the only AT on the market with 3 peaks embossed snow tire certification. So if you like doing the ski fields in winter they might be handy.

I've got Toyo Open Country AT on my D40. Bought the car with 54k on it and its at 136k now. Not sure if they were OG tyres when i purchased the car bu they've either done 136k or 80k and counting. I'm more than happy with the tyres.

Latest posts

Back