Starting Family and need advice on a new 4WD!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowser1989

Reaction score
Hi Guys! Hope you and your 4WDs are well.

So, after 10 years of being a Navara owner the time has come. We are starting a family and its time to upgrade the Ute. With so much info out there I though Id turn to the people that know there 4WDs the best for advice. Any thoughts are welcome as this will be an open discussion.

The utes we are looking at:

Mazda BT50
Izuzu Dmax
Amarok
Ford Ranger
Hilux

We are looking at both Factory new and older (2014-2016) cars. We have about $35,000 to play with.

Any comments, thoughts, suggestions are welcome!
Thanks
:help:

35k, good low k dmax.
stretch it to 39 and get a brand new manual or a couple grand extra for auto.

Or brand new triton, about 34 for manual.

Hey mate. I guess the main question is, do you really need a new one? What is wrong with the one you have now?

There's nothing wrong with the ones in the list you have, but is there anything majorly wrong with yours that you need to replace it? I guess newer ones have supposedly better safety features, etc, but $35k can go a long way with possibly more important things.

If you have a D22 and you are starting a family, yep might be best to change over. My 05 model has no child seat attachment. Would be OK until kids are near teens but back seat is too small. My understanding is that D40 is very comparable in that dept, as I am sure many on here will attest. My mate has a BT50 (king cab though) and it is a cracker. That is what I have been thinking of upgrading to, though very near to no kids in the back anymore!

Latest posts

Back