D22 zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer Joe

Reaction score
I am using penrite oil and have been for the last 150,000 , have done 250 now, I blocked EGR at about 90,000, since then the oil is still clean when I do a change after 10,000. I was bragging to a mate the other day about how clean my oil is, and give the EGR credit for this. He suggested Penrite is not doing it's job, cleaning the motor, because diesel oil should come out black!! Thoughts??

Wow, I'd like to see a 10'thou k oil change from a 250dy k old motor run clear !

I'm religious with them and its ace of spades for me man! ...... 300' k zd

Ok, sure, maybe not be all "morgan freeman" ace of spades -but it's not all "bubbles and rainbows" either ;)

Morgan Freeman approved joke...

I drop mine when shes hot and they are as- "black and thin as a yanky $ cheap arsed crack whore"..

non approved crack whore joke...

Penriite also! I think 15/40 semi sen ... Moli flush every blue moon, usually round harvest time ;))
Soòo how clear "we" talking ? Do show!

All jokes aside, mine for her age "poo's" well - i add moli oil additive every second harvest or so,you can still see through the oil as it as it drains

But it's definitely getting on the " Kayne West" side of things;)

Currently preparing 4th profile ..

Ive got a zd30 since new oil came out black as you could imagine. Even at 5k intervals. EGR removal fixed that. Oil comes out almost as good as a petrol engine.
Your mates on crack, if that much soot was staying in the engine, where would it be getting stored? The head would have popped off years ago.

Last edited:
Ive got a zd30 since new oil came out black as you could imagine. Even at 5k intervals. EGR removal fixed that. Oil comes out almost as good as a petrol engine.
Your mates on crack, if that much soot was staying in the engine, where would it be getting stored? The head would have popped off years ago.

Howdy man, so you removed the whole unit ? Or just the pipe? Cheers

Yeah, i initially just put a blanking plate at the inlet manifold and installed a catch can, but later on when doing other work which involved removing the turbo and exhaust manifold removed the whole lot and put more blanking plates in. It doesnt really matter either way as long as its blocked off.

mmmm maybe I'll put some Moly additive in and see what comes out. I was quite proud of my clean engine!

^Yeah I've used that stuff after long intervals just to make sure. Nothing nastier than normal came out. I also use Penrite oil.

Latest posts

Back