Another D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why didn't the Navara go to the party??
It had no body to go with

Attachments

• body off2.jpg
    body off2.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 69
I got the Terrano up here yesterday, checked it had oil, threw a battery in it and it fired up after a bit of cranking. This thing had been sitting in my Sons driveway for 18 months only being started when there was a spare battery.
A bit more to the electricals than the Nav
Damn the body bolts are hard to undo on the Terrano, the Nav ones were a breeze

Attachments

• 20180606_103413.jpg
    20180606_103413.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20180607_150331.jpg
    20180607_150331.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 20180607_150345.jpg
    20180607_150345.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Am i understanding this right, are going to put the yellow single cab body on the terrano chassis?

Yes, you are understanding correctly, I've wanted to do this I realised the Nav cabs are pretty much plug n play on the Terrano chassis, I get the coil rear as well as the disc brakes :rock:

will be cool to see how it performs. coil rear end will be a bit of a back to the future thing!
is the wheel base the same?

will be cool to see how it performs. coil rear end will be a bit of a back to the future thing!
is the wheel base the same?

The wheelbase of the Terrano is 30cm shorter than the Navara making it a short wheel base Navara that we never got here :redcool:

Last edited:
Progress!! Removed the Terrano body from the chassis and rolled the Nav chassis under it so I can still roll it around, there's still parts to pull off. 44 gallon drum body lift :lol:
What I did after undoing everything was jack the rear of the body away from the chassis to fit a lifting beam between the body and the chassis and let the body to rest on the beam, I then jacked the whole vehicle high enough to fit the 44s under the beam, first attempt wasn't quite high enough(rear quarters still not clearing the chassis) so added a couple of pavers, all good. Then it was just a matter of raising the front high enough to roll the cassis out. Worked pretty well.
Second pic shows the difference in wheelbase between the Nav and Terrano.
Short wheelbase Nav here we come :rock:

Attachments

• terrano off.jpg
    terrano off.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 53
  • terrano on navara.jpg
    terrano on navara.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
The one time I drove the Terrano after getting the auto working not long after I got it, the front end seemed weird!!
I started cleaning 25 years of crap of the chassis yesterday and I think I found the reason :unsure:

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 57
took me way too long to see the problem, seeing you do this makes me want to start the builds i have in mind

seeing you do this makes me want to start the builds i have in mind
Thanks mate, glad I can inspire someone else, if you've got the space, what's stoppin ya? What do you have in mind mate?
I've been planning on doing this for over 15 years, my Sons call it "the never truck"

Got a few things done yesterday, mainly cleaning. I removed the EGR pipe, intake manifold and turbo and loosened all the transmission bolts ready to lift it out when the A frame is free, today hopefully!

The EGR had just about blocked itself haha

Attachments

• EGR.jpg
    EGR.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
:hahaha:Having done a few gearboxes on these things over the years, I reckon this is by far the best way :rofl2:

Just 2 engine mount bolts to pull the engine, why not! So much easier to clean 25 years of grease and crap off the front diff :top:

Attachments

• tranny out.jpg
    tranny out.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 76
  • engine out.jpg
    engine out.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20180625_152532.jpg
    20180625_152532.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
So, after the oven cleaner worked so well on the Pathy wheels last year, I thought I'd give it a crack on the grotty intake, might need a few cans :haha:

Attachments

• 20180622_124917.jpg
    20180622_124917.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20180622_130927.jpg
    20180622_130927.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 73
Can't believe it's been over 2 years, these are the last pics I took before illness, family problems and a major computer melt down got in the way. In this photo the cab is bolted to the wagon chassis using 50mm lift blocks, the tray is just sitting in place to be able to make the mounts and will either be shortened or a new (stepside) tray fabricated
wound up.jpg
tray mount.jpg

Latest posts

Back