D40 side step/rock slider mounting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMentalGrey

Reaction score
I’ve just picked up a pair of steel side steps cheap off an NP300. They were cheap enough I figured I could modify them to fit on my STX D40 and lose the factory steps that have taking a few hits in my adventures. Cost $150 when they are up around $700 for new so it gives me a good couple of hundred to modify them.

Can anyone show me a pic or two of the mount points for their rock sliders/side steps to give me a head start on how to mount these new ones.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Mine are fitted by welding plates to the chassis then using HT bolts to secure the sidesteps to the plates. Fitted by ScottyBobcat in Vic, his workmanship is excellent.

You're "reasonably" local to me, about an hour and a half away, we could always pick a cafe and you can take a look at how mine are done in the flesh.

Thanks, was hoping to get a non welded solution so I can DIY. Happy to weld brackets on the steps etc, but not keen to use my skills on a chassis yet.

Most of the ones you buy have brackets that slot over the chassis from the bottom and have a bolt in through the top. I don't know if anyone will sell you just brackets or you may have to measure them up and make them yourself.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back