Thrust bearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
Hey guys we just took the gearbox out to change the clutch. When we went to grab the thrust bearing out there were to prices of wires metal (possibly clips) sitting in the bell housing. Any idea what these may be?

Got a picture? If they are like some of the older Nissan boxes I can think of two things they might be (But usually it was one wire clip for each)

One was a clip that keeps the clutch fork on the ball it pivots on, the other was a wire clip which keeps the thrust bearing against the end of the fork.

I'll take a pick of them both that sounds right. Just need a pic of how the go into place. If anyone wants to pull after their box for me to take a picture. I would be greatful hahah

The release fork one is easy if it is like the older ones (It is a long, narrow clip, maybe 50mm long)

That one has a hooked end which slips into a slot in the clutch fork and then you squeeze the sides together and slip it into the back of the fork and it clips in. then when you push the fork on to the pivot ball the clip pops over the ball and holds the fork in place.

the other one is a sort of U shape (Again, if it is like the earlier ones) which slips over the release bearing holder, the ends clip over the ends of the clutch fork and hold the bearing holder against the end of the fork.

the first one keeps the fork from moving on the ball, the second is more or less an anti rattle device.

Sooo it's bloody snapped. And its not 2 clips!! Soo it's just 1!! Don't even no where to start looking!

Sooo it's bloody snapped. And its not 2 clips!! Soo it's just 1!! Don't even no where to start looking!

Yeah, only one clip on the D22 afaik (one over the pivot). When I changed my clutch I replaced the thrust bearing (was in pieces) and the clip. They're not very expensive from Nissan dealership from memory. Took a few days to get. Be very careful when you put the new bearing on. Google the correct way if you're not sure. It'll wear out very quickly if you don't, a #%# of a job simply to change a $20 bearing.

Latest posts

Back