indicator can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjilpi

Reaction score
Hi All

i have a 2009 thai d40, i have been chasing the indicator can as after fitting led globes it went fast, have gone back to regular globes but the flash rate is spasmodic with the hazaards stopping at times, i can hear the can but cant see it anywhere

any help would be appreciated

I don,t think there is an indicator relay can anymore, they use a resistor i think which is built into the indicator stalk arm.

Pins 47 and 48 of the BCM under your dash send the signal to the lights. The BCM controls the flash rate, and it flashes fast if there's reduced resistance detected on the light circuit, because that generally means a blown bulb. If there's extra resistance, you'll notice a new light flashing on the dash which tells you that the trailer indicators are working (that is the assumption that the BCM makes). You can simulate that by putting an indicator globe (21W) connected to body and pin 1 of the trailer plug and using your left indicator.

Latest posts

Back